Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 3 MAJOR Complaints of WMP12

02 Jul 2009   #1
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 
3 MAJOR Complaints of WMP12

1. No advanced Tag Editor
2. No toolbar on the taskbar when minimized
3. No way to change the horrid color even Aero forces you to use

1. The lack of the advanced tag editor makes organizing large amounts of music particularly albums, close to impossible to do. Without WMP supplying me this tool, I have to use iTunes

2. The toolbar was very useful for quickly muting, adjusting volume and song controls. The preview box is not the same and certainly not good enough for an "upgraded program."

3. Being able to change your Aero theme colors is quite nice, adds more personalization and customizability that XP and previous versions did not have. The ability to match my Windows Media Player GUI with my Windows GUI was even better. Now the "default" color is an ugly "Windows Basic Theme" and can not be changed to match with my Windows Aero GUI.

All of these things together make me not even want to use Windows Media Player 12. I don't understand how a supposed "upgrade" lacks such key features. I would do the WMP11 "downgrade" but it only works for x86 editions and I have to use x64 to utilize my 8GB of DDR2. I suppose if I used in conjunction with iTunes I can deal with not having the 2nd and 3rd complaints met with. Windows Media Player 11 was a fine program doing everything I ever asked it to quickly and efficiently and looking nice and sounding nice while doing so, I've been using it since it released for Windows XP and I'm sad to see an inferior version replace it.

What do ya'll think about this supposed "upgraded" to Windows Media Player 11?
-I2aMpAnT


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Jul 2009   #2
johngalt

 

#4 - It's not VLC

#5 - It's made by Micro$oft

#6 - It sucks.

However, as things go, it is still better than previous versions.

If they would only make it extensible - then we could get plugins for all this functionality that it is missing.

Ah, well - Kantaris - my love of choice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #3
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by I2aMpAnT View Post
1. No advanced Tag Editor
2. No toolbar on the taskbar when minimized
3. No way to change the horrid color even Aero forces you to use

1. The lack of the advanced tag editor makes organizing large amounts of music particularly albums, close to impossible to do. Without WMP supplying me this tool, I have to use iTunes

2. The toolbar was very useful for quickly muting, adjusting volume and song controls. The preview box is not the same and certainly not good enough for an "upgraded program."

3. Being able to change your Aero theme colors is quite nice, adds more personalization and customizability that XP and previous versions did not have. The ability to match my Windows Media Player GUI with my Windows GUI was even better. Now the "default" color is an ugly "Windows Basic Theme" and can not be changed to match with my Windows Aero GUI.

All of these things together make me not even want to use Windows Media Player 12. I don't understand how a supposed "upgrade" lacks such key features. I would do the WMP11 "downgrade" but it only works for x86 editions and I have to use x64 to utilize my 8GB of DDR2. I suppose if I used in conjunction with iTunes I can deal with not having the 2nd and 3rd complaints met with. Windows Media Player 11 was a fine program doing everything I ever asked it to quickly and efficiently and looking nice and sounding nice while doing so, I've been using it since it released for Windows XP and I'm sad to see an inferior version replace it.

What do ya'll think about this supposed "upgraded" to Windows Media Player 11?
-I2aMpAnT
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
#4 - It's not VLC

#5 - It's made by Micro$oft

#6 - It sucks.

However, as things go, it is still better than previous versions.

If they would only make it extensible - then we could get plugins for all this functionality that it is missing.

Ah, well - Kantaris - my love of choice.
It's certainly not better than WMP11. And who cares that it's made by Microsoft, as I clearly stated it's always done what I've asked for it to do quickly and so I've no problem with WMP11 but WMP12 is a heartbreak
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2009   #4
Webadict

Windows 7 Rc Build 7264 x86, Ubuntu
 
 

One Plus for me is that it seems to sync my iPod a little faster, but other then that, I don't think it was an improvment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #5
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Webadict View Post
One Plus for me is that it seems to sync my iPod a little faster, but other then that, I don't think it was an improvment.

It syncs to your iPod?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #6
Webadict

Windows 7 Rc Build 7264 x86, Ubuntu
 
 

Sure does . . .with this

Sync your iPod with Windows Media Player

Hope this helps

Scott
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #7
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Webadict View Post
Sure does . . .with this

Sync your iPod with Windows Media Player

Hope this helps

Scott

Does that allow you to sync with more than 1 music library?
If so, I feel even worse that WMP12 was such a let down
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #8
Webadict

Windows 7 Rc Build 7264 x86, Ubuntu
 
 

Sure does. It works seamlessly in the background.

I don't even know it's there.

Hope this helps.

Scott
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #9
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Webadict View Post
Sure does. It works seamlessly in the background.

I don't even know it's there.

Hope this helps.

Scott
Wow that's quite depressing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #10
Webadict

Windows 7 Rc Build 7264 x86, Ubuntu
 
 

I don't know . . . I use MediaMonkey for my library managment, and WMP12 for my playlists and streaming.

To me, MediaMonkey always has had a better TAG editor and managment tools then WMP anyway, so no great loss.

Hope this helps

Scott
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 3 MAJOR Complaints of WMP12




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
General Windows 7 complaints
I find this OS extremely difficult to work with. Does anybody else have problems with it? It does not work with most programs, loses its own hardware on a regular basis-DVD/CD drive, and some programs, and other than just looking pretty, it's extremely awkward and inconvenient to use. You can't...
General Discussion
British tourist complaints
I found these on another forum. I think they are really funny and thought I should share them with you.
Chillout Room
3 Major Window 7 Complaints
I have 3 major complaints about changes made to Windows since XP Pro that are not just really annoying but were valuable functionality removed and it seems as though Microsoft has no intention of restoring these back. I would really like to know WHY? 1. Advanced Search - (XP options got...
General Discussion
Complaints about WMP12 and Win 7
When Microsoft started the "simpler" ad blitz for Win 7, they should have just said more like a Mac, don't think, don't try to configure anything, just use what we give you. My complaints have to do with music files. WMP12 - no Advanced Tag Editor. Windows Explorer - can no longer change...
Sound & Audio
No complaints here just a BIG Thank You
I have to say that this forum is one of the most well designed and thought out site for Win7. I'm greatful for the efforts of the adminsitrator as well as the users here in making this a great success. No I'm not getting paid to say this but many times users forget or just don't know how much...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App