I am a devoted WMC user. However, I am having massive problems to make WMC to play correctly all my video files.
- Some AVI files do not play in WMC, but play in WMP without any audio
- There is no audio when DVDs play
- Subtitles are missing when playing AVI files
I have installed Shark007 codecs, which is a great package of codecs. Also, Shark007 is quite helpful giving advice in his forum. However, I do not manage to get the configuration right.
I have tried 3 different audio playback devices:
- digital HDMI connection to TV.
- digital SPDIF connection to external DAC.
- digital USB connection to external DAC.
When I play the same files in VLC everything works as a charm, regardless of playback device or video file, subtitles or not.
So, if VLC can play everything flawless, WMC should be able to do it aswell?
How can I make WMC behaving properly?