Hello there, welcome to Seven Forums.
I'd recommend VLC media player
, it's one of the best media players out there. Willl play almost any video file without problems & it doesn't need any codec installation.
You can also try out any of the following: mplayer
- it's an alternative to VLC, but not quite as popular. KMplayer
- this one doesn't require codecs to be installed either. Windows Media Player , Winamp, Quicktime/iTunes, DivX Player
- some of these might need codecs
to play video files. Codec Packs K-Lite Codec Pack
- the best comprehensive codec pack available. Combined Community Codec Pack
- an alternative to K-Lite.