Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Not all Music Library appears on WMP12

22 Jan 2009   #11
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

May be a little late but what file types are your music files?

I think evyone is assuming they're mp3 but if they are FLAC files they will not show because WMP does not natively support FLAC files.
There is an extension that works with Vista and it may work in W7 too but I haven't tried it yet.
First it would be good to know what your missing music file types are.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jan 2009   #12
krypnik

Windows 7
 
 

Hello Dave,

about 98% of my library are mp3 files, the other 2% are wma.
I have no clue why the files aren't added to WMP, since they appear on the Music Library folder.

I tried Mr. Grim's fix, but it didn't work either.


Thanks anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jan 2009   #13
Chappy

Vista Ult 64bit - Windows 7 Ult 7264 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by krypnik View Post
Hello Dave,

about 98% of my library are mp3 files, the other 2% are wma.
I have no clue why the files aren't added to WMP, since they appear on the Music Library folder.

I tried Mr. Grim's fix, but it didn't work either.


Thanks anyway
Ahh..Ok. Thought maybe they were FLAC or another unrecognized type but .wma is surely recognized by WMP.
Have you checked the tags to see if there may be something wrong in the metadata that is preventing WMP from wanting to add them to the library?
Just a thought...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Nov 2009   #14
werewolf

Windows 7
 
 

Could you please advise....

What kinds of information could be preventing WMP from adding to the library.

I used EAC with the LAME encoder, then used Media Monkey to put album art into the tags and make sure all the tag info was complete.

I am having the same problems as the previous posters. Music is not showing up in the WMP library. It *is* showing in the libraries>music shortcut location.

Thank you for your help. Haven't been a member for more than an hour, but I will be here for quite a while, it seems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #15
werewolf

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post

You can either delete the music library file that wmp keeps:
1. stop WMPNetworkSvc.
2. go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player and delete file called CurrentDatabase_371.
I went to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ and just renamed the Media Player folder, then restarted WMP.

All fixed.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2010   #16
boomin1

windows 7
 
 

Mr GRIM, This may all be fundamental to you, but I'm a TRUE novice. How does one stop WMPNetworkSvc? (and re-start)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Not all Music Library appears on WMP12




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
WMP12 Library - Automatized Library Organization
Is there a way of making WMP organize all the library automatically looking for the albums on internet? I have several .flac files that are in the unknown section of the WMP library, more than 100 albuns and I did once organized all of them, covers and etc, but seems that when I reinstalled the...
Music, Pictures & Video
Documents Library also Appears in Pictures Library
My libraries file, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos had developed a problem. When I click on Pictures, the picture folders appear, but immediately below, my document files appear as folders also. If I delete a document file in the pictures file, the document also deletes in the documents...
General Discussion
Add AudioBook library(mp3) in Media Player other than Music library
I added a new folder under the "Libraries" and linked it with source audio file(mp3) folder. But Media Player does not recognize new folder, and could not find any hint in the Media Player Help. Teach me how to re-organize, to add new library addition to default Music library, Media Player.
Music, Pictures & Video
Exporting WMP12 library
I would like to be able to export a summary of all the metadata of my music library. I know that past versions of WMP had a powertoy for that, but I was unable to find one for version 12. Does anybody know a way to do this? Also, where is the library file located anyway? Thanks.
Music, Pictures & Video
removing media Library from wmp12
Does anyone know how i can totally clear the music Library in media player 12 win7 ? what I have done is changed drive letters so the library links are no longer valid in media player but they wont delete
Music, Pictures & Video
WMP12 Library view.
I notice Microsoft have given us 6 WMP12 library background images to choose from but only by using the registry hack ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences Right hand pane ... 'LibraryBackgroundImage' REG_DWORD or DWORD if your 32-bit Changing the value in...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App