|27 Jul 2011||#1|
| || |
Windows Media Center has put permissions to stop iTunes loading.
Windows Media Center has put permissions on iTunes and now I can’t run it. I was using Media Player to play my itunes music files but now I can't even access iTunes without hassle (I still need iTunes as I own an iPhone).
I’ve been recently using Windows Media Center and have been having issues with using itunes. Every time I use itunes I get an error message saying that the program folder for itunes "is locked, or on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission for this file."
After trying many things from many different forums including:
1) Changing the permissions to “Owner” (the user name, I am the only user on this computer) in the security options for various folders and hard drives including the program folder in Programs, Programs (x86) and even at the drive level.
2) Adding “Owner” to the Permissions Group or User names (and giving Full control).
3) Turning Sharing on for all the iTunes related folders.
4) Moving the music folder from the separate drive (my music folders was on a separate internal drive) to the “Owner Folder” and back again.
5) Re-installed iTunes (3 times) with no difference.
Some of the things that have worked are running as an administrator. But what has also happened is my Desktop is restricted and need administrator access to even drag anything onto it. I also can’t drop and drag anything into itunes from folders or the desktop.
The other way I have gain full access is by setting the UAC to its lowest settings. This way I can use iTunes without running as an administrator and drag things to/from the desktop, however I’m concerned about the security risk this may put my system under.
I am also unable to restore from an older point as I have been unable to save everything onto my external drive.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Media Center has put permissions to stop iTunes loading.|
|How do I stop Xbox starting when using a Media Center remote control||Media Center|
|iTunes stopped opening after first use of Windows Media Center||Software|
|How to stop Media Center from locking my screen/mouse||Media Center|
|Media Center stop playback randomly||Media Center|
|XBOX media center won't connect to windows 7 media center computer||Media Center|
|Media Center won't stop waking computer!||Media Center|
|Windows 7 Media Center HD Videos Can Stop Playing...||Media Center|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.