Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Video File Thumbnails Not Showing!


03 Aug 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Video File Thumbnails Not Showing!

Hey guys, I just joined the forums but I've been using it as a guide for the past week haha.

I'm running the x86 (32bit) Windows 7 RTM. My problem is that when I'm in windows Media Center, and I'm in the Movies section, the thumbnails for the videos are just colored rectangular slates with the title of the file on them in caps.

They look horrendous, and I was under the impression that Media Center - like Windows Explorer - would have the thumbnail of the video itself, like a still image of the video, not just slates with the name on it!

Attached is what I see. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thank you!



Attached Thumbnails
Video File Thumbnails Not Showing!-windows-media-center-problem.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2009   #2

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
Hey guys, I just joined the forums but I've been using it as a guide for the past week haha.

I'm running the x86 (32bit) Windows 7 RTM. My problem is that when I'm in windows Media Center, and I'm in the Movies section, the thumbnails for the videos are just colored rectangular slates with the title of the file on them in caps.

They look horrendous, and I was under the impression that Media Center - like Windows Explorer - would have the thumbnail of the video itself, like a still image of the video, not just slates with the name on it!

Attached is what I see. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Thank you!

You need a Media Meta Manager... You need YAMM!! See the YAMM thread --==> Here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
You need a Media Meta Manager... You need YAMM!! See the YAMM thread --==> Here
Thank you so much! Downloading now.

EDIT: I've installed it, but I'm not so sure what to do from there, do I need to restart? Nothing has changed in media center.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Aug 2009   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
Did you by any chance install codecs, like shark etc..?
No I didn't on my 7 partition, all of my files are playable however, and they have thumbnails in windows explorer.

Should I install a codec pack even though they play fine?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #5

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
No I didn't on my 7 partition, all of my files are playable however, and they have thumbnails in windows explorer.

Should I install a codec pack even though they play fine?
No, I misread your post. Sorry.

I deleted my remark
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
No, I misread your post. Sorry.

I deleted my remark
Oh ok and that's fine.
Do you use a meta manager? Do you know how to use YAMMM?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #7

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
Oh ok and that's fine.
Do you use a meta manager? Do you know how to use YAMMM?
i use Metabrowser. it's on themetabrowser.com Brilliant program
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2009   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squonksc View Post
i use Metabrowser. it's on themetabrowser.com Brilliant program
Ok I'll try that as soon as I install the .NET Framework.
That was probably the reason why YAMMM didn't work in the first place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yep, meta<browser> is defo the way to go. It can be a pain to use, but once you've got it worked out it's ace.
If you intend on using Starkcovers, please be aware that it converts the folder.jpg into a PNG and WMC default movie library won't recognize it. You'll have to use Media Browser (which everyone should be anyways!) instead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Video File Thumbnails Not Showing!




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33