Just trying out 7MC on an old build before I move to a new HTPC. However, I'm having a few issues.
1. When playing .avi files, the pictures is ever so slightly
out of sync. It's barely noticeable but can be quite annoying. I some suggestions about changing settings in the sharks codec options, however this made the .avi unplayable. Anyone got any ideas on this? (I am playing from network storage btw)
2. When playing .mkv files, I have to crank the sound right up on my TV. If I play .avi files, it's completely fine, but .mkv files need the TV putting to the maximum volume. Anyone know why this would be? I have the shark codec packs installed.
3. My PS3 up scales content for my TV screen, however, when playing this same content on 7MC, the quality doesn't look anywhere near as good as the PS3. Anyone know why this is? Are there settings I should be doing to support up scaling (if possible)? I am using Media browser to browse to these files. The colours also don't look that great, is it possible it could be the HDMI cable (even though I thought HDMI quality didn't really matter too much). Could it also be an overscan issue?
Note* This is for my own files, however, TV picture doesn't look all that hot, the colours aren't as vibrant as normal TV.
4. Media Browser metadata has managed to recover metadata for all but two of my movies. I think the problem is that the proper movie titles have a : in them, and obviously you can't put these in a folder name. Is there anyway around this?
5. Media Browser has only been able to recover metadata for one of my TV shows. All of my other TV shows are structured the same way, but no metadata is recovered.
6. Is there anyway I can apply a view option to all of the screens in Media Broswer. For instance, when trying to decide the season of the program, can I set them all to look like the 'detail' option in the skin, or do I have to do each one manually?
I have my library sorted like Movies > Film (year) > file.avi and TV Shows > Show Name > Season # > S01E03
System spec is Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 4GB DDR2 Crucial Ballistix 1066MHZ RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card (using HDMI).
Any help would be appreciated.