|13 Feb 2012||#1|
| || |
Microsoft Sidewinder X8 wireless mouse and WMC7
I've had a media center pc (currently Windows 7 home premium 64bit) in my living room for over 3 years now and have only used four types of input devices.
1. wired keyboard for bios access and gaming
2. media center remote w/ mouse thumb pad (don't use this anymore)
3. wireless Microsoft media center keyboard
4. wireless Microsoft Sidewinder X8 mouse
additionally a racing wheel and joystick for gaming
My 2 primary devices are the wireless keyboard and mouse and I have an end table next to my lazyboy that I keep a mousepad on at all times. The charger/receiver for the mouse I keep on a speaker next to the tv. I really like the magnetic connector for easy connecting and removal. This is the one major feature that has kept me from trying a Logitech multi button programmable mouse.
1. Even though I can (semi) control wmc the way I want by custom programming the mouse buttons in mouse properties, when I try to make the customizations only within "program specific settings" (for wmc), they don't work. I have only tested the "program specific settings" with one other program (internet explorer) and it worked fine. Is this anything I can fix? (ie. registry hack)
2. I can program the go back and skip forward buttons ( |< and >| ), which are actually the same as keystrokes Q and P, but I can't program the other nonstandard keystrokes, such as volume, pause/play, etc. that are on my media center keyboard.
Am I screwed on this also?
3. I really like the setup I have with the exception of having to either grab my keyboard or point with my mouse to control these other functions. Does anyone have any other likely setup candidates you think might work for me? I didn't care for the thumb mouse pad control on a media center remote and based on my experience with the Wii, I don't think I would care for an "air" mouse either.
4. The buttons on my wireless media center keyboard have been getting worse for a long time now. Any suggestions on a good wireless media center keyboard?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Microsoft Sidewinder X8 wireless mouse and WMC7|
|Annoying mouse lag - Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500||Hardware & Devices|
|Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 Lag!||Hardware & Devices|
|Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Mouse wheel issues.||Hardware & Devices|
|Microsoft wireless mouse 5000||Hardware & Devices|
|Microsoft Sidewinder mouse not working||Hardware & Devices|
|Microsoft sidewinder mouse is operational but doesn't work||Hardware & Devices|
|Sidewinder keyboard and mouse types on their own.||Hardware & Devices|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.