Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to add music in FLAC to WMP 12 library?

20 Nov 2011   #51

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Never mind, I guess I have to "Restore Media Library" TWICE in order for it to work. First to bring in the new or "Unknown" flac files then second to delete them and restore them into the "Known" or legitimate file. Sheesh! BTW, does anyone know if I can add album cover artwork as a tag using Mp3Tag? I hate having to keep pasting new cover art every time I restore the WMP Library.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Nov 2011   #52

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

yes you can add album art,
add the album to mp3tag highlight it and then right click the album art box bottom left, select add cover ,
tip, have the album art in the album folder to start with then when the cover window opens it will have the cover art there to select.
then click save
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2011   #53

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
yes you can add album art,
add the album to mp3tag highlight it and then right click the album art box bottom left, select add cover ,
tip, have the album art in the album folder to start with then when the cover window opens it will have the cover art there to select.
then click save
Yeah, in practice it appeared to have gone off without a hitch, at least when using the Mp3Tag editor. However, when I did a restore on the Library the cover art is still left blank. Huh! Checking the directory on Mp3Tag shows that each track has the corresponding album cover art to go along with it. Just doesn't want to make the leap onto the WMP Library. I dunno...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Nov 2011   #54

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gums View Post
Yeah, in practice it appeared to have gone off without a hitch, at least when using the Mp3Tag editor. However, when I did a restore on the Library the cover art is still left blank. Huh! Checking the directory on Mp3Tag shows that each track has the corresponding album cover art to go along with it. Just doesn't want to make the leap onto the WMP Library. I dunno...
The current version of WMP Tag Plus doesn't support embedded album art yet - this will be added in the next major release. In the meantime, you could place the album art as Folder.jpg files in the album folders. Those should get picked up by WMP.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gums View Post
Never mind, I guess I have to "Restore Media Library" TWICE in order for it to work. First to bring in the new or "Unknown" flac files then second to delete them and restore them into the "Known" or legitimate file. Sheesh!
It's not really clear to me why you keep restoring the media library. This should be done only in extreme circumstances like library corruption. WMP should usually refresh songs' metadata automatically. If it doesn't, the supported way to refresh the metadata is by re-adding the songs, as I explained earlier. Nevertheless, I can't tell why the FLAC files keep getting added as Unknown. The only explanation I can currently give is that you're somehow still running the 64-bit version or that the plug-in keeps getting disabled.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2011   #55

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Seems to be working fine now Tim! This might sound like a completely noobish question, but exactly how does folder.jpg work? Never used it before. I always used "paste" but I'd like to try your method. Seems more permanent. Thanks!

One more thing, when I pin WMP to either the desk top or task bar, it reverts to the 64-bit version. The 32-bit version is accessed only through the Start Menu. Is this an anomaly? If I use the 32-bit version everything works as planned. Best way to check which version is running is to check Tools>Plugins. If nothing is found, its 64 bit. Weird. Have you heard of this occurring before? If so, can anything be done to correct it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2011   #56

Windows XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gums View Post
Seems to be working fine now Tim! This might sound like a completely noobish question, but exactly how does folder.jpg work? Never used it before. I always used "paste" but I'd like to try your method. Seems more permanent. Thanks!
Instead of copy-pasting the album art, you directly save it as a new JPEG file called Folder.jpg, to the same folder as the music files of the album you want to add album art for. All the songs in that folder should then get the Folder.jpg file as album art in WMP's library.

Quote:
One more thing, when I pin WMP to either the desk top or task bar, it reverts to the 64-bit version. The 32-bit version is accessed only through the Start Menu. Is this an anomaly?
Are you pinning the shortcut in the Start Menu? You can also directly go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player and pin the wmplayer.exe file in that folder to the task bar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to add music in FLAC to WMP 12 library?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: How to add music in FLAC to WMP 12 library?
Thread Forum
How can I add FLAC files to my WMP 12 library? Music, Pictures & Video
Add AudioBook library(mp3) in Media Player other than Music library Music, Pictures & Video
Solved Converting FLAC to WAV = Lost music tracking (help) Sound & Audio
How to add music in FLAC to WMP 12 library Media Center
music library is really messed up Music, Pictures & Video
iTunes Music Library..... Chillout Room
WMP 12 and Music Library (Ext HDD) Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33