Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Streaming Video to 360 - Strange Issue

08 Oct 2009   #1
Kinematic9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Streaming Video to 360 - Strange Issue

Just a question for anyone else who streams video files to your 360.. The videos are playing OK, but where the thumbnail on the left should be, there is a big O with a slash through it. Everything showed up correctly when I was using Vista, but this is now happening ever since I started using 7.

Again its not broken, I just dont know why its showing a list of O's with slashes though it now.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Oct 2009   #2
DreadStarX

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kinematic9 View Post
Just a question for anyone else who streams video files to your 360.. The videos are playing OK, but where the thumbnail on the left should be, there is a big O with a slash through it. Everything showed up correctly when I was using Vista, but this is now happening ever since I started using 7.

Again its not broken, I just dont know why its showing a list of O's with slashes though it now.
What container format are you using? Those little thumbnails are just a frame or two from the video. It could be that the Windows 7 couldn't grab a snapshot from it.

I'll check mine later, and see if I get it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2009   #3
ilesal

Win7 7600 x64
 
 

I have used Vuze to stream to my 360 but prefer to just chuck movies onto a USB stick. Good luck resolving your issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Oct 2009   #4
DreadStarX

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ilesal View Post
I have used Vuze to stream to my 360 but prefer to just chuck movies onto a USB stick. Good luck resolving your issue.
Its not an "issue" as you stated it, its just another malfunctioned program. Now that I have some spare time, i'll check it out on my own 360.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2009   #5
Kinematic9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kinematic9 View Post
Just a question for anyone else who streams video files to your 360.. The videos are playing OK, but where the thumbnail on the left should be, there is a big O with a slash through it. Everything showed up correctly when I was using Vista, but this is now happening ever since I started using 7.

Again its not broken, I just dont know why its showing a list of O's with slashes though it now.
What container format are you using? Those little thumbnails are just a frame or two from the video. It could be that the Windows 7 couldn't grab a snapshot from it.

I'll check mine later, and see if I get it.
I guess its just AVI - xvid? I am not so sure, but I do know that nothing has changed in the format between Vista and Win7.. I know it doesn't affect the playback at all, but it would be nice to not see the blanked out crosses vs. the thumbnail. Just seems like something may be wrong. (I don't use any 3rd party programs to stream.. I use the xbox360's built in video library)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2009   #6
DreadStarX

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kinematic9 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kinematic9 View Post
Just a question for anyone else who streams video files to your 360.. The videos are playing OK, but where the thumbnail on the left should be, there is a big O with a slash through it. Everything showed up correctly when I was using Vista, but this is now happening ever since I started using 7.

Again its not broken, I just dont know why its showing a list of O's with slashes though it now.
What container format are you using? Those little thumbnails are just a frame or two from the video. It could be that the Windows 7 couldn't grab a snapshot from it.

I'll check mine later, and see if I get it.
I guess its just AVI - xvid? I am not so sure, but I do know that nothing has changed in the format between Vista and Win7.. I know it doesn't affect the playback at all, but it would be nice to not see the blanked out crosses vs. the thumbnail. Just seems like something may be wrong. (I don't use any 3rd party programs to stream.. I use the xbox360's built in video library)
As do I, I noticed something myself. I put thumbnails in the folders for the movies, it shows up on my computer in WMC, but it doesn't show up on the 360. Also, you may wanna install some Codec packs, I recommend Shark007s. I can't remember if this is right but try it, shark007.net. I'm testing his codecs to see if they work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Streaming Video to 360 - Strange Issue




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
near daily BSOD- possibly video streaming issue?
Hi- i've been having issues with my laptop BSOD-ing for months now, to varying degrees. it seems that some weeks it will happen as many as 2-3 times a day, while other weeks much more rarely. but recently it seems i can't go 3 days without a crash. from what i've noticed recently, it always...
BSOD Help and Support
Streaming video issue
Since the update, I am unable to use Yahoo Messenger video properly. I can broadcast video, but when trying to receive my g/f's video, it is choppy and within 20 seconds, it freezes. I have uninstalled and re-installed every Adobe product on my machine to no avail, and I'm beyond frustrated. I have...
Music, Pictures & Video
Video streaming lag
Hi i have this problem since 2 days ago while i streaming on youtube or any streaming video website it gave me stuttering lag even i tried it on 360p it gave me lag. Im using firefox browser i tried to disable all unnecessary addons, plugins but still doesnt help.Im sure my video card can...
Music, Pictures & Video
Odd external display issue with streaming flash video
Hi everyone, this problem is vexing to say the least. Whenever I play a streaming flash video through my browser (FF) on my laptop's display, everything plays fine at full screen whether it's Hulu 360p, youtube 720p, etc., but when it's connected to my LCD TV via VGA, the video becomes choppy. 720p...
Music, Pictures & Video
Streaming Video
While watching a streaming video after sometime my screen goes black but the video is still playing cause i can still hear audio n when i move mouse it comes back. What can i do to prevent my screen from going black while watching an entire streaming video?
Music, Pictures & Video
Streaming Video Issue...
Ok, so I'll select a file, say "Family Reunion 2009.avi". The video will play, and sometimes it'll "Lag", or sometimes it'll turn to a black screen and stop playing. It does it with all formats, and I have the most trouble with encoded MKV/MP4 Files. Such as my Dragonball Z collection, they're a...
Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App