Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I Need To Reinstall My Windows Media Center

22 Dec 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
I Need To Reinstall My Windows Media Center

Hello,

I (long story) uninstalled Windows Media Player. I need help getting the proper download at MS. What to do? Also, I want to install another media player like VLC but the CNet website's free download won't work. I realize I am asking for two different things here if someone doesn't mind multitasking for me.

I have a Windows7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop.

Thanks,
Anne


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Dec 2013   #2

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Here are two links for you-

VLC-
MG Search - MajorGeeks


Windows Media Player -
MG Search - MajorGeeks

Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Hello PSCO2007,

Help! When I tried to download either program I got the 'This Page Can't Be Displayed' message. What to do?

Anne
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Dec 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Try these links.

If having trouble, try Safe Mode with Networking.

Let me know how you made out.

Paul

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!


Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2013   #5

Win7 Pro-64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AnneBurns View Post
Hello,

I (long story) uninstalled Windows Media Player. I need help getting the proper download at MS. What to do? Also, I want to install another media player like VLC but the CNet website's free download won't work. I realize I am asking for two different things here if someone doesn't mind multitasking for me.

I have a Windows7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop.

Thanks,
Anne
Did you uninstall WMP or just turn it off? Is so, just turn it back on again.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  22.6 KB
If you download another media player, go to the software developers site or filehippo, not Cnet as they tend to bundle unwanted goodies into the installers. VLC is ok, it will play most everything you throw at it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
Try these links.

If having trouble, try Safe Mode with Networking.

Let me know how you made out.

Paul

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!


Windows Media Player - Microsoft Windows
Hello Paul,

I went to Safe Mode with Networking and I still got the 'This Page Can Not Be Displayed' page.

Anne
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #7

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Disable your AV and firewall temporarily.
Are you able to download other programs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
Disable your AV and firewall temporarily.
Are you able to download other programs?
I just disabled both and still get the 'Page Can Not Be Displayed' message.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #9

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Are you able to download any programs?

Can you try a different browser?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #10

Windows 7 Professional X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AnneBurns View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PSCO2007 View Post
Disable your AV and firewall temporarily.
Are you able to download other programs?
I just disabled both and still get the 'Page Can Not Be Displayed' message.
Anne,
Don't forget to reactivate your AV and firewall.

Also go to your programs and see if WMP is there and if so, pin to start menu.

If we can get VLC to download, you'll probably be happy with that anyway.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I Need To Reinstall My Windows Media Center




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33