Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Netflix - Still not working...


25 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 
Netflix - Still not working...

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anybody else had the problem where the Netflix application refuses to work for them. The funny thing is that the same thing happened under Vista and 7 is supposed to be better than Vista ...

I attached a picture of the error. If anybody has any idea how to get this thing to work, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!




Attached Thumbnails
Netflix - Still not working...-netflinx_not_working.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Oct 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabrey View Post
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anybody else had the problem where the Netflix application refuses to work for them. The funny thing is that the same thing happened under Vista and 7 is supposed to be better than Vista ...

I attached a picture of the error. If anybody has any idea how to get this thing to work, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced!
what firewall are you using?

What antivrus?

What router?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 

No software or hardware firewall (besides router I guess).

No antivirus (unless common sense is counted

Router: Actiontec Ml424WR
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Oct 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabrey View Post
No software or hardware firewall (besides router I guess).

No antivirus (unless common sense is counted

Router: Actiontec Ml424WR

cabrey

Im sorry that went right over my head. The service on your computer seems to be the problem not the connectivity issue I thought.

Can you type services.msc in search and look at the desciptions for the services. Netflix will have its own. You want to make sure it can be started and that it is in auto mode.

I have never used that app but its worth a shot

Let us know if it doesn't or if you need help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #5

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 

Weird, I don't have a Netflix service. Media Center installed the app so I don't know how I can uninstall it to reinstall it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabrey View Post
Weird, I don't have a Netflix service. Media Center installed the app so I don't know how I can uninstall it to reinstall it.

Even if media center installed it you still should be able to remove it in ADD/Remove control panel. If you cant, go to the directory where it is and see if there is an un-installer there

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #7

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 

OK I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work and there still isn't any netflix service.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabrey View Post
OK I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still doesn't work and there still isn't any netflix service.
Is there a control panel to configure, or someting like it? What do yoou use this for?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #9

Windows 7 32-bit
 
 

There doesn't seem to be a options panel for it. It's used to stream Netflix's instant watch library directly to media center so one doesn't have to use a web browser. It would be fantastic if it worked. *sigh*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2009   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cabrey View Post
There doesn't seem to be a options panel for it. It's used to stream Netflix's instant watch library directly to media center so one doesn't have to use a web browser. It would be fantastic if it worked. *sigh*
sounds interesting. If it is important enough you could consider a clean re-install then insall the netflix app

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Netflix - Still not working...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Netflix - Still not working...
Thread Forum
Netflix & TV Shows in WMC Media Center
netflix stopped working Media Center
Netflix just stopped working in windows 7 Media Center Media Center
Is Netflix broken again? Media Center
MS Netflix plug-in not working in WMC Media Center
Netflix and WMC Media Center
Netflix Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33