Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: TV Tuning Question Through Media Center TV Wonder 750USB


19 Mar 2014   #1

 
 
TV Tuning Question Through Media Center TV Wonder 750USB

The software that came with my TV Wonder 750USB Tuner is very poor. You cannot even resize the TV to any size and place it on your desktop where you want. However, Media Center does lets you do this. I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have a misunderstanding of the tuner and the channels being tuned. I have Time Warner Cable and the signal going to the TV must be analog NTSC. I hooked up an older TV about 23 years old up and the tv search found all the channels. In all about 70 or so. Of course this TV does not have a digital tuner at all so the signal had to be analog.

Anyway, when I place this cable to my TV Wonder 750USB and use every tuning option available, it does not find but a couple channels. I have used analog, digital, Qam, whatever. I am very confused. How can an older TV find every channel and this USB TV Wonder tuner fail to find any.

If I just for example hook rabbit ears up to my TV Wonder USB, the tuner will find the about 5 stations in this area that are broadcast. These of course are local digital broadcast channels. By the way when I do a search of the channels with my older TV and it finds them it is the cable coming straight into the house, not even going through any boxes.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Mar 2014   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

It should be Digital Qam you are running a digital cable line

It should work either way but i do believe in setting up the media center when you do more then one setting it stays

It's possible you need to start over and get rid of already tried connections and retry Digital Qam
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #3

 
 

If it is a digital cable line why would a standard TV that is 23 years old tune in the channels. This TV does not have a digital tuner. I tried QAM, does not tune in the channels. Something is very strange here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Mar 2014   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
If it is a digital cable line why would a standard TV that is 23 years old tune in the channels. This TV does not have a digital tuner. I tried QAM, does not tune in the channels. Something is very strange here.

Well it being USB have you tried other slots
That particular slot you are using could be down or messed up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #5

 
 

Got the answer from time warner. It doesn't matter what selection you choose Qam, digital, analog ant etc. You have to have a TV card that has an analog tuner also. Searched other forums and found people with same problem I have. There is a difference between what is called analog antenna and digital antenna on a search than assuming you have an analog tuner also. That is why the older tv works, it has an analog tuner. Apparantly the TV Wonder USB does not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #6

 
 

For anyone reading this, the TV-HVR-950Q is an example of a good tuner that would also tune analog channels.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #7

 
 
Please remember answers can be way off base.

I love forums but you have to be careful. I explained originally that a analog older tv of 23 years tuned to the correct channels. Yet Solar says I had a digital cable. Well this was straightforward the signal was analog. A person can spend a lot of time wasting time with incorrect answers. If you do not know what is going on then it is better to not respond. Telling me the incorrect answer and then saying my input was messed up was completely wrong. Could not have been any further off. It is better off not to respond if you really do not know the correct answer. Forums are to help and not lead you in the wrong direction. Common sense alone said the Time Warner signal was analog.

Good luck to him but you literally have to remember the responders who are way off base. They do not help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
I love forums but you have to be careful. I explained originally that a analog older tv of 23 years tuned to the correct channels. Yet Solar says I had a digital cable. Well this was straightforward the signal was analog. A person can spend a lot of time wasting time with incorrect answers. If you do not know what is going on then it is better to not respond. Telling me the incorrect answer and then saying my input was messed up was completely wrong. Could not have been any further off. It is better off not to respond if you really do not know the correct answer. Forums are to help and not lead you in the wrong direction. Common sense alone said the Time Warner signal was analog.

Good luck to him but you literally have to remember the responders who are way off base. They do not help.


Well sorry to say you may think i am off base but in turn really you didn't provide any real information next time be more detailed in your information

That is why no one else came to help lack of information lack of help and trying to stomp on someone for helping you isn't really going to warrant help in the future remember that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #9

 
 

guys like you are all the same. Right up front I told you it was an analog signal. You immediately said it was a digital cable. Go back and read your response. first thing out of your mouth was it was digital. No defense. When you make a mistake own up to it. Anyway, doesn't matter, got the right answer, but surely wasn't from you. everything you said was wrong, everything. My only error was not knowing the TV Wonder did not have an analog tuner. Of course I should have realized that knowing the older tv tuner worked. I am sure you may be absolutely right on many things, but not this one. Better not to post if you really don't know what you are talking about.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
guys like you are all the same. Right up front I told you it was an analog signal. You immediately said it was a digital cable. Go back and read your response. first thing out of your mouth was it was digital. No defense. When you make a mistake own up to it. Anyway, doesn't matter, got the right answer, but surely wasn't from you. everything you said was wrong, everything. My only error was not knowing the TV Wonder did not have an analog tuner. Of course I should have realized that knowing the older tv tuner worked. I am sure you may be absolutely right on many things, but not this one. Better not to post if you really don't know what you are talking about.

I'm not here to argue with you

Like i said when there is lack of information help will be hard you OWN the product so it is up to YOU to list complete specs but i understand you want to make me at fault it's ok don't need to worry about me posting on any of your threads

Have a nice day if that's possible toddles

By the way most Cable is Fiber or Digital some analog still and the fact you never said using a box or not lol so keep blaming me for your lack of info
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 TV Tuning Question Through Media Center TV Wonder 750USB




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: TV Tuning Question Through Media Center TV Wonder 750USB
Thread Forum
Solved Media Center seperate hardrive(s) question for videos Media Center
Media center seperate hardrive(s) question for videos Media Center
Windows Media Center Live TV Question.... Media Center
Media Center update question Media Center
Media Center Windows 7 setup question jazz Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33