Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: XM Radio


31 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7
 
 
XM Radio

Does anyone know how to add XM Radio to Windows 7 Media Center?

Waaaay back (y'know 3 or 4 years) I remember installing it as an add-on to Media Center.

When Vista Media Center came around, XM was a link available under the Explore menu.

But ever since upgrading to Windows 7 I can't find it anywhere... and I can't even find the add-on mentioned above.

Anyone have an answer?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2010   #2

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Have you tried the xmradio gadget (not spam: http://www.buildagadget.com/Product.php?Code=XM)?

It works pretty good without having to start wmc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Go to "Extras", then "Extras gallery". You should see the XM extra in htere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks Desslok... unfortunately, the Extras screen no longer has the link to XM. I have a feeling its Canada related. I've been on other forums and US people seem to have the option but we don't. Frustrating!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 
Extra?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Go to "Extras", then "Extras gallery". You should see the XM extra in htere.
Sorry this may seem like a dumb question, but where is "Extra"?
Is that a menu item in Windows Media Player, or is that a folder within Windows 7?

I live in the US and I have Windows 7 Ultimate, if that makes a difference.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by anthonyguzzo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Go to "Extras", then "Extras gallery". You should see the XM extra in htere.
Sorry this may seem like a dumb question, but where is "Extra"?
Is that a menu item in Windows Media Player, or is that a folder within Windows 7?

.

It's in Windows Media Center, not Media Player. Kingmatt, did you do "Express" setup or custom? Can you tell me what options you do have in "Extras Gallery?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Thank you. I found it.

I must say I'm not impress with the XM Radio GUI.
At first I did not want to login as the GUI appears to me as something from phishing email.

Again thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
It's in Windows Media Center, not Media Player. Kingmatt, did you do "Express" setup or custom? Can you tell me what options you do have in "Extras Gallery?
I'm running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) on my new Dell desktop, and don't see anything like XM radio in the Extras, only apps that I have installed already. This computer came with Windows 7 Home Premium already installed, then I used Anytime Upgrade to upgrade to Pro. I will upload a couple of screenshots (resized) to show what I'm seeing.


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Fallstar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
It's in Windows Media Center, not Media Player. Kingmatt, did you do "Express" setup or custom? Can you tell me what options you do have in "Extras Gallery?
I'm running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) on my new Dell desktop, and don't see anything like XM radio in the Extras, only apps that I have installed already. This computer came with Windows 7 Home Premium already installed, then I used Anytime Upgrade to upgrade to Pro. I will upload a couple of screenshots (resized) to show what I'm seeing.
You are missing the Extras Gallery. Sounds like you need to configure WMC to do updates, which in the setup is kind of "hidden" by saying something like "would you like to allow MC to connect to the internet for images,etc. or something like that. Go down to Tasks, then "Settings", click "general", then "Automatic Download Options". Check the boxes to allow updates, then click "Update Now". It may take several minutes to complete and isn't good about giving you status.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

[QUOTE=Desslok;605352][QUOTE=Fallstar;604880]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
You are missing the Extras Gallery. Sounds like you need to configure WMC to do updates, which in the setup is kind of "hidden" by saying something like "would you like to allow MC to connect to the internet for images,etc. or something like that. Go down to Tasks, then "Settings", click "general", then "Automatic Download Options". Check the boxes to allow updates, then click "Update Now". It may take several minutes to complete and isn't good about giving you status.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. In my "Extras library" all I have is Orb TV and Tversity, both of which I installed manually. In the "Explore" menu all I have is Live 365, nothing else.

I didn't know about the "Automatic Download Options" so I was really hoping that was it! Unfortunately both checkboxes were already selected... I did click Download Now and waited for it to finish. No change to the Extras menu.

Any other ideas?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 XM Radio




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: XM Radio
Thread Forum
DAB Radio Chillout Room
have not radio :( how can i add ? Media Center
UK TV outside the UK 9and Radio etc) Music, Pictures & Video
Radio Gadget Gadgets
Bad Joke of the Day -- BBC Radio Chillout Room
What radio signal do you have? A,B,G or N Network & Sharing
Internet TV and XM radio Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33