Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Error Playing MKV on XBOX 360


31 Dec 2009   #11

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
I just did a fresh format, I'm going to install the CCCP codecs, and see if the MKV files are playable with no issues. IF there aren't any issues, I'm going to make a restore point, but first, I'm going to install my necessary applications, i.e. Visual Studio, Adobe CS4 Master collection, 3D Studio Max, etc..

I'll write up some information on things I've encountered to help others, if I find a solution.
I uninstalled all of my codecs, re-installed just CCCP and DivX (MKV codec for Windows 7), no change in playability...

Jay
Fyi, don't use DivX. That program is a failure. I use VLC, & WMP. Foobar2000 for music, VLC/WMP for Movies/Shows. Don't use DivX and CCCP at the same time. They'll conflict.


ALLLLL RIGHT! I got ALL my movies playing properly!

I un-installed all of the other codec pacs as well as DivX. I then installed Sharky007 codec pack for Windows7 (plus the 64bit upgrade) and everything works properly now! YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, I still had to install the DivX Wndows 7 MKV decoder in order for the picture to display properly on the xbox 360 and my TV. Without it, the picture looks like a crappy YouTube (very pixely) video and not a HD movie!

Cheers,

Jay


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Jan 2010   #12

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post

I uninstalled all of my codecs, re-installed just CCCP and DivX (MKV codec for Windows 7), no change in playability...

Jay
Fyi, don't use DivX. That program is a failure. I use VLC, & WMP. Foobar2000 for music, VLC/WMP for Movies/Shows. Don't use DivX and CCCP at the same time. They'll conflict.


ALLLLL RIGHT! I got ALL my movies playing properly!

I un-installed all of the other codec pacs as well as DivX. I then installed Sharky007 codec pack for Windows7 (plus the 64bit upgrade) and everything works properly now! YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, I still had to install the DivX Wndows 7 MKV decoder in order for the picture to display properly on the xbox 360 and my TV. Without it, the picture looks like a crappy YouTube (very pixely) video and not a HD movie!

Cheers,

Jay
You must be using the DivX codecs then. Most Encoders, like me, use standard CCCP/Sharky007 codecs.

Good to hear you fixed it. Btw I don't suggest streaming blu-rays from your computer to XBOX. I find the quality of SD to be the same as HD/BR.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2010   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post
I then installed Sharky007 codec pack for Windows7 (plus the 64bit upgrade) and everything works properly now! YYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, I still had to install the DivX Wndows 7 MKV decoder in order for the picture to display properly on the xbox 360 and my TV. Without it, the picture looks like a crappy YouTube (very pixely) video and not a HD movie!

Cheers,

Jay
More info about this configuration is available on the Shark007 forum HERE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Jan 2010   #14

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Jay You must be using the DivX codecs then. Most Encoders, like me, use standard CCCP/Sharky007 codecs.

Good to hear you fixed it. Btw I don't suggest streaming blu-rays from your computer to XBOX. I find the quality of SD to be the same as HD/BR.
All I installed and use for Divx is the "DivX Plus Tech Preview: MKV on Windows 7"


I did not install anything else (like Divx players, codecs, direct show filters.....)

And I see a BIG difference between Blue Ray (High Def) on my 360 vs standard, so I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing thanks!

Maybe you don't have your settings correct??

Cheers,

Jay
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #15

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jaymac10 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
Jay You must be using the DivX codecs then. Most Encoders, like me, use standard CCCP/Sharky007 codecs.

Good to hear you fixed it. Btw I don't suggest streaming blu-rays from your computer to XBOX. I find the quality of SD to be the same as HD/BR.
All I installed and use for Divx is the "DivX Plus Tech Preview: MKV on Windows 7"


I did not install anything else (like Divx players, codecs, direct show filters.....)

And I see a BIG difference between Blue Ray (High Def) on my 360 vs standard, so I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing thanks!

Maybe you don't have your settings correct??

Cheers,

Jay
Nah. I've got things configured properly. The only thing I see a difference in is when I'm gaming. I'll look into your setup later :]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Error Playing MKV on XBOX 360




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33