Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Media Centre not finding all my music

29 Mar 2010   #1
firstinkjets

Windows 7
 
 
Media Centre not finding all my music

Hi I have a problem with windows 7 media centre. It does not seem to find all my music. I have a file with 10 albums in. It finds the file but only 2 albums are shown.

Any ideas what I need to do to correct this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Mar 2010   #2
firstinkjets

Windows 7
 
 

Am I the only one with this problem ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #3
Vertex

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit, Windows Developer Preview, Linux Mint 9 Gnome 32 Bit
 
 

Go to Tasks>Settings>Media Libraries>Music>Next>Add Folders to the Library and just follow the simple steps there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Mar 2010   #4
Desslok

Windows 7
 
 

What format is your music?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #5
firstinkjets

Windows 7
 
 

I have tried adding the music file to the library and most of it goes in, but not all. I know I could specify the exact folder that needs to be added, but there may well be others I dont know about yet. So trying to find out why its not working properly.

The files are bog standard MP3'S
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #6
Desslok

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firstinkjets View Post
I have tried adding the music file to the library and most of it goes in, but not all. I know I could specify the exact folder that needs to be added, but there may well be others I dont know about yet. So trying to find out why its not working properly.

The files are bog standard MP3'S
Any of the subfolders have different permissons than the ones that work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #7
firstinkjets

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firstinkjets View Post
I have tried adding the music file to the library and most of it goes in, but not all. I know I could specify the exact folder that needs to be added, but there may well be others I dont know about yet. So trying to find out why its not working properly.

The files are bog standard MP3'S
Any of the subfolders have different permissons than the ones that work?
The folder in question, has 10 different albums in. It recognises 1 complete album and 2 tracks from a 2nd album
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #8
Desslok

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firstinkjets View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firstinkjets View Post
I have tried adding the music file to the library and most of it goes in, but not all. I know I could specify the exact folder that needs to be added, but there may well be others I dont know about yet. So trying to find out why its not working properly.

The files are bog standard MP3'S
Any of the subfolders have different permissons than the ones that work?
The folder in question, has 10 different albums in. It recognises 1 complete album and 2 tracks from a 2nd album

Do any of them have different permissions? Pick one that works and one that doesn't and compare permissions. Are they all the same sampling rates, etc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #9
firstinkjets

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firstinkjets View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Desslok View Post

Any of the subfolders have different permissons than the ones that work?
The folder in question, has 10 different albums in. It recognises 1 complete album and 2 tracks from a 2nd album

Do any of them have different permissions? Pick one that works and one that doesn't and compare permissions. Are they all the same sampling rates, etc?
The albums are all 128kb. Not sure how to check permissions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #10
G2gCya

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

i dun like wmc, it is slow at synchronising music and videos
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Media Centre not finding all my music




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MEDIA CENTRE TAKEN OVER
Please help. Windows media centre has taken over my Laptop. Every programme will exe on the end opens with media centre. I can't restore to an earlier date as that opens windows media centre.
Media Center
media centre music skip glitch
Hi guys I'm having problems with media player mp3 tracks skip 20 secs before the end of each track. I have tracked it down to an update KB981078 when i restore to the point before this update i have no problems,is ther any way i can stop this update automaticaly installing or just switch off...
Media Center
Why wont the media player or the media centre play MP4's?
Is there a good reason why MS don't equip either the media centre or the media player with the ability to play MP4's. I don't see why they can't play them,and surely it would be in MS's best interest if they could play them.
Media Center
Trouble Finding Music and Labeling
My music is saved to my library however when i open up windows media player and it searches the library for songs it isn't finding several CDs and it isnt transferring some of the song titles/album names over when they are labeled correct. i would like to say that all my music is labeled correctly...
Media Center
media centre tv in the UK
The tv access via media centre appears to be confined to Sky TV which requires a payment.Is this correct.?
Media Center
Another Media Centre Bug...
Dual screens. One used under Media Centre (listening to radio or viewing a movie, or a recording...) and the other used for previewing photos with the native Windows Picture Viewer... Set the Picture Viewer into Slide Show mode and the Media Centre blacks out... :cry:
Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App