i wanted to tell you about ngRC (u may know it). It is a remote control Software that enables a browser capable device, like Sonys PSP or Apples iPhone to act as a remote control.
What are the main features?
- MediaCenter-like Skin on your mobile device
- Lets you browse through your music library, play music, etc.. without the need to switch on your TV
- Lets you remote control you Media-Center (every function that are on your normal IR-Remote Control are now within your mobile device)
- Now you have a WiFi-Remote Control
- Extender Support (lets you switch between your different extenders, with only one Remote-Control)
- Control your music in any room
- Multiple Skin-Support
- OpenSource Software
Just download and try: Download ngRC - next generation Remote Control from SourceForge.net
1. after running the installer, a windows service is installed, you have to start it (either by heading to control panel, services..., or with a reboot)
2. after starting the service, you have to start the media center interface (stop it before, when it's running).
3. ehshell should tell you, that the ngRC-AddIn is running now on a specific port. When starting an extender, the same should be shown with another port
4. For testing start up your browser and type in http://your-ip-of-your-mediacenter:8080/ngrc
5. when this is running, try the same address on your mobile device
6. The interface itself should be intuitive and self self-explanatory.
7. one hint: to change between the extenders, have a look at the settings in the main window.
Hope this helps. Have fun using it.