Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: whats a good hd usb tv tuner card fow wmc?

02 May 2010   #1

windows 7 home 64-bit
 
 
whats a good hd usb tv tuner card fow wmc?

I dont have any free pci ports because my video card is blocking the last one. so i need a usb tv tuner that works with wmc. do they a make 2 or 4 tuner one that works with one antenna?

thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 May 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
I dont have any free pci ports because my video card is blocking the last one. so i need a usb tv tuner that works with wmc. do they a make 2 or 4 tuner one that works with one antenna?

thanks
You have some weird specs
You have 3 HD, 1 is 2gig, 1 is 1.5 gig and another 1 gig
You running Windows 7 64bit with only 2 gig of ram?
Any you have a 32" monitor

Is this true?


System Manufacturer/Model Number i built the computer myself
OS windows 7 home 64-bit
CPU amd athal 2.4 x2
Motherboard msi
Memory 2 gig
Graphics Card gforce
Sound Card msi
Monitor(s) Displays 32" lcd tv

PSU 450 watts
Case i forget the name
Cooling i forget
Hard Drives 2.0 gig 1.5 gig 1.0 gig
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2010   #3

windows 7 home 64-bit
 
 

nope, i have 2 1.5 tb drives and 1 2.0 tb drive. i will need more drive space soon. downloading hd shows from my TIVO HD (not the internet) is fulling my drives up. im converting some shows to h.264.

how do people without tivos get hd shows on there wmc computers?

my 32" monitor a a lcd tv.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
I dont have any free pci ports because my video card is blocking the last one. so i need a usb tv tuner that works with wmc. do they a make 2 or 4 tuner one that works with one antenna?

thanks
You have some weird specs
You have 3 HD, 1 is 2gig, 1 is 1.5 gig and another 1 gig
You running Windows 7 64bit with only 2 gig of ram?
Any you have a 32" monitor

Is this true?


System Manufacturer/Model Number i built the computer myself
OS windows 7 home 64-bit
CPU amd athal 2.4 x2
Motherboard msi
Memory 2 gig
Graphics Card gforce
Sound Card msi
Monitor(s) Displays 32" lcd tv

PSU 450 watts
Case i forget the name
Cooling i forget
Hard Drives 2.0 gig 1.5 gig 1.0 gig
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 May 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

You asked:
"How do people without tivos get hd shows on there wmc computers?"

I have a Hauppaug HVR-1250 TV Card and I just plug in the cable from the wall to the back of the card. I get HD as well as the regular digital stuff using MS Media Center.
How do you get input to your TIVO? From a cable or from a Antenna?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 May 2010   #5

windows 7 home 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
You asked:
"How do people without tivos get hd shows on there wmc computers?"

I have a Hauppaug HVR-1250 TV Card and I just plug in the cable from the wall to the back of the card. I get HD as well as the regular digital stuff using MS Media Center.
How do you get input to your TIVO? From a cable or from a Antenna?
My tivo hds have cable cards and antennas. so can download hd shows from antenna and cable tv in hd I want to put a tv tuner on my wmc in my bedroom where i have no tivo.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
You asked:
"How do people without tivos get hd shows on there wmc computers?"

I have a Hauppaug HVR-1250 TV Card and I just plug in the cable from the wall to the back of the card. I get HD as well as the regular digital stuff using MS Media Center.
How do you get input to your TIVO? From a cable or from a Antenna?
My tivo hds have cable cards and antennas. so can download hd shows from antenna and cable tv in hd I want to put a tv tuner on my wmc in my bedroom where i have no tivo.


You will just have to split the antenna to the card.
You can try a direct connect from the cable without a card and see if you receive it.
I have a cable HD box to the TV but I also have my cable company has HD limited straight out of the wall without a box
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 May 2010   #7

Windows 7
 
 

If you really like the Tivos, you may want to look at a SLingbox and Slingcatcher.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #8

windows 7 home 64-bit
 
 

Why cant someone make a 4 tuner card or usb box for wmc. i guess wmc will work with that pci cable card adapter when it comes out. it has 6 cable tuners from one cable card.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
You asked:
"How do people without tivos get hd shows on there wmc computers?"

I have a Hauppaug HVR-1250 TV Card and I just plug in the cable from the wall to the back of the card. I get HD as well as the regular digital stuff using MS Media Center.
How do you get input to your TIVO? From a cable or from a Antenna?
My tivo hds have cable cards and antennas. so can download hd shows from antenna and cable tv in hd I want to put a tv tuner on my wmc in my bedroom where i have no tivo.


You will just have to split the antenna to the card.
You can try a direct connect from the cable without a card and see if you receive it.
I have a cable HD box to the TV but I also have my cable company has HD limited straight out of the wall without a box
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
Why cant someone make a 4 tuner card or usb box for wmc.
Because it would be large and take more power than most people have in their computers
and you would be the only person in the world that would buy it. LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post
Why cant someone make a 4 tuner card or usb box for wmc. i guess wmc will work with that pci cable card adapter when it comes out. it has 6 cable tuners from one cable card.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

My tivo hds have cable cards and antennas. so can download hd shows from antenna and cable tv in hd I want to put a tv tuner on my wmc in my bedroom where i have no tivo.


You will just have to split the antenna to the card.
You can try a direct connect from the cable without a card and see if you receive it.
I have a cable HD box to the TV but I also have my cable company has HD limited straight out of the wall without a box
Ceton has a quad card coming out this month, with Cable Card, $399 a single PCIe card. They also have a 6 tuner card that will only be available to OEMs. Actually there is a pretty long waiting list for the quad card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 whats a good hd usb tv tuner card fow wmc?





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: whats a good hd usb tv tuner card fow wmc?
Thread Forum
Solved whats the good and bad thing of having a 64-bit system Installation & Setup
SSD whats good Hardware & Devices
Whats a good Video Card to play Skyrim Gaming
Whats a good processor to get(intel) Hardware & Devices
Whats a good App launcher gadget? Customization
whats a good theme? Themes and Styles
Dual TV Tuner cards or 2 STB boxes and 1 tuner card Media Center

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33