hi, i'm new here. found the site via google, looks like a nice active windows7 community, which is great. anwyay, i have an issue, so i'll try to be brief.
- installed Windows 7 yesterday, every piece of hardware detected fine
- all updates applied
- media center configured, and working on the pc
- pc connects to internet via wireless NIC, which is shared
- xbox connects to pc via cat5 cable (xbox <-> pc. no router or switch in between), and out to internet via wireless NIC
- xbox talks to internet okay - it signs in to xbox live
- xbox will connect to, and work happily in media center, until reboot of xbox
at this point i have to configure the xbox with media center again, every time after rebooting xbox its the same.
this exact same configuration worked fine in vista, so i'm wondering if any new security feature in windows7 is breaking / stopping from working.
does anyone have any ideas / suggestions?
thanks in advance