Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Outlook.PST

31 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Outlook.PST

Without going into it, I have associated my Outlook Address Book with the wrong file to open. Could someone tell me what file it should be associated with. Go into this path C:\users\"your profile name"\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst
Right click on outlook.pst and choose Open With. I believe at this screen it will tell you what file it is associated with. Thanks,

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Hi bigmck, I just tried your instructions - I use Outlook 2007 - but no joy.

Perhaps it would be worth running Office Diagnostics from the Outlook Help menu?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Irene View Post
Hi bigmck, I just tried your instructions - I use Outlook 2007 - but no joy.

Perhaps it would be worth running Office Diagnostics from the Outlook Help menu?
Thanks Irene -- I will try that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

it's opened with outlook.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\outlook.exe
on my 64 bit, Office 2010
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Indeed, dnorris, you are correct:

Name:  ScreenShot00342.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  22.5 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Irene View Post
Hi bigmck, I just tried your instructions - I use Outlook 2007 - but no joy.

Perhaps it would be worth running Office Diagnostics from the Outlook Help menu?
Hi, Irene!

Sad to say, that is no longer a part of Office 2010.

Bigmck didn't specify his Outlook version but if he's running 2007, your suggestion is spot on, Irene.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Thanks everyone for your help on this. I finally got the file straightened out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Thanks everyone for your help on this. I finally got the file straightened out.

bigmck,
How did you get it straightened out?
We all can learn from you problem and how you fixed it!
Thanks and Happy New Year!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Thanks everyone for your help on this. I finally got the file straightened out.

bigmck,
How did you get it straightened out?
We all can learn from you problem and how you fixed it!
Thanks and Happy New Year!

You won't learn much from what I did. I worked on this all day and finally had to reinstall Outlook 2003. I though I had saved my Address Book, but it got lost in the mess. I have to create it over again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Thanks everyone for your help on this. I finally got the file straightened out.

bigmck,
How did you get it straightened out?
We all can learn from you problem and how you fixed it!
Thanks and Happy New Year!

You won't learn much from what I did. I worked on this all day and finally had to reinstall Outlook 2003. I though I had saved my Address Book, but it got lost in the mess. I have to create it over again.
We did learn something........Save you address book just in case something like this happens....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Outlook.PST




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33