|30 Mar 2012||#11|
| || |
Initially I was only able to open Office documents in Read Only using Windows 7 Professional. Particularly annoying was that I could not even edit Access databases. With a bit of experimentation I discovered the following.
In Windows 7 Professional all drives and sub-folders except folders specific to your user account are initially protected in Read Only mode. Changing the file attributes does not work. This also applies Administrator users.
To correct this,
- log on in an account that has administrator privileges,
- in explorer right click the folder or drive you want to enable full access to,
- select Properties, select the Security tab, click the Edit button in that tab,
- highlight the user you wish to grant privileges,
- tick the desired boxes (Full Control grants full access),
- then click OK as necessary to apply the changes.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: All excel files opening in read only mode in Windows 7|
|Excel files are not opening||Microsoft Office|
|Error opening Excel file from windows explorer||Microsoft Office|
|IE9 Opening Excel file in same window as link||Browsers & Mail|
|excel 2010 not opening from windows explorer||Microsoft Office|
|excel opening as read only||Microsoft Office|
|Problem opening Excel files||Microsoft Office|
|Can't open 2003 Excel Files in Excel 2007?||Microsoft Office|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.