How to Repair or Reinstall Office Programs
This procedure detects and repairs problems that are associated with installed Microsoft Office programs, such as registry settings and missing installation files. This procedure does not repair personal files, such as worksheets or templates.
The following two methods describe two ways that you can use the Detect and Repair tool to detect and repair problems with installed programs. Method 1: Run Detect and Repair on the Help Menu
Note To restore program shortcuts to the Start menu, verify that the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box is selected.
- On the Help menu in any Office program, click Detect and Repair.
- Click Start.
Method 2: Run the Detect and Repair Tool from Add or Remove Programs
Note If you choose to detect and repair problems in your Microsoft Office installation, click to select the Restore my Start Menu Shortcuts check box to rebuild your Microsoft Office shortcuts
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change.
- In the Microsoft Office 2003 Setup dialog box, click Reinstall or Repair, and then click Next.
- Click either Reinstall Office or Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation, and then click Install.