|19 May 2011||#1|
| || |
Who can help me customize my ipm.contact in outlook 2010?
I just installed Office 2010 and had high hopes for a new Outlook feature: easily customizable contact forms. But no... Only the same developer's tool as in 2003, far beyond my skills - as already tried several times before.
But for sure I am not the first newbie here who wants to modify the default Outlook contact form. I had several ideas:
1. Maybe [similar to skin collections for various applications] there is some type of ipm.contact library where Outlook users already uploaded their own new or customized designs. If so, I might find one there that suits my needs, download and install it. If so, how to do it?
2. Maybe I can find a private tutor who is able and willing to take me by the hand (in private emails?) and can step by step teach me to create the design I want and how to implement it. Anybody able and willing?
I hope to get my customized form with five major changes compared to the default contact form:
1. I want all three email addresses visible in the default form, not just one and the others hidden behind drop down arrows.
2. I want different default phone labels and in a different display order: mobile, mobile 2, home, work
3. I want to see the separate entry fields for street, city, zip code, state, country - not the 'unsplit' address box.
4. By default I want to see both the home address and the business address in the form, not standard only see the business address - and the home address being hidden behind a dropdown arrow (90% of my contacts even don't HAVE a business address!)
5. I need more space for 'categories', because I have a very defined category set.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Who can help me customize my ipm.contact in outlook 2010?|
|Contact categories and use of templates in Outlook 2010||Microsoft Office|
|How to Backup Outlook 2010 and Business Contact Manager?||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2010: Business Contact Manager Tutorial||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2010 Contact Groups not working||Microsoft Office|
|Import contact persons to Outlook 2010||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2010 Contact Group Question||Microsoft Office|
|Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010||Microsoft Office|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.