Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't use send & receive - Office 2010

23 Jun 2011   #1
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 
Can't use send & receive - Office 2010

My glitch is I am also trying to install Office 2007 on my NEW win 7 machine. It installs fine and everythiung looks right except that I can't use the "Send/Receive" function. I set up the mail box and even tested it within the set up wizzard. I worked fine, but I can't send or receive in the Ofice application. I get an error mesage: "An error occured. An object could not be found.
I reinstalled Office a few times and nothing is missing. Does this maybe have something to do with having the Office 2010 starter app that came with the machine on the machine but its not installed/activated. ? ? ? What module does "Send/Receive "use so I can search for it and install it if missing.?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Jun 2011   #2
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfroberts View Post
My glitch is I am also trying to install Office 2007 on my NEW win 7 machine. It installs fine and everythiung looks right except that I can't use the "Send/Receive" function. I set up the mail box and even tested it within the set up wizzard. I worked fine, but I can't send or receive in the Ofice application. I get an error mesage: "An error occured. An object could not be found.
I reinstalled Office a few times and nothing is missing. Does this maybe have something to do with having the Office 2010 starter app that came with the machine on the machine but its not installed/activated. ? ? ? What module does "Send/Receive "use so I can search for it and install it if missing.?
jfroberts,

1. You should have started a new thread (post ) for yourself instead of " piggy-backing " someone else's thread.

2. >>>>I am also trying to install Office 2007 ...
The " thread starter " has Home and Student 2007.
Which MS Office 2007 version do you have ? ( Home and Student does not have Outlook ).

3. >>> I can't use the "Send/Receive" function.
You are referring to Outlook ?
If yes, did you setup your e-mail account correctly ?
Which ISP or mail server do you use ? i.e. Comcast, cox.net, aol, etc etc etc.

4. Did you uninstall Office Starter first before you installed the " Office 2007 " ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #3
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 

Sorry, I was just trying to add my problem to others involving Office 2007 and Win 7.
I use the full version of Office 2007 with Outlook
Email account is set up properly and test works. However "Send and Receive" does not work.
Office starter is NOT INSTALLED.
Any thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jun 2011   #4
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfroberts View Post
Sorry, I was just trying to add my problem to others involving Office 2007 and Win 7.
I use the full version of Office 2007 with Outlook
Email account is set up properly and test works. However "Send and Receive" does not work.
Office starter is NOT INSTALLED.
Any thoughts?
>>> Office starter is NOT INSTALLED.

Can you confirm that by checking in your Programs and Features application ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #5
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 
Mt Quirk

Only Office there is Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. That all works, EXCEPT for "send/Receive".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #6
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 
My Quirk

My understanding is that Office 2010 starter does not include Outlook. So, there should not be any conflict anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #7
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfroberts View Post
Only Office there is Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007. That all works, EXCEPT for "send/Receive".
Go with this tutorial :

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/164

Pay attention to srs-file section.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #8
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 
My Quirks

Great document. I searched windows Office and Win 7 forums and did not find the answer you provided. Thanks.
I have 56 files with the .srs extension. Maybe because of my multiple installs and uninstalls. But, shouldn't that have fixed the problem?
Anyway, do you suggest I rename them all, delete them all, or what?
Thanks again for you help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #9
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfroberts View Post
Great document. I searched windows Office and Win 7 forums and did not find the answer you provided. Thanks.
I have 56 files with the .srs extension. Maybe because of my multiple installs and uninstalls. But, shouldn't that have fixed the problem?
Anyway, do you suggest I rename them all, delete them all, or what?
Thanks again for you help.
>>>> do you suggest I rename them all, delete them all, or what?
That , I am not sure.
To be honest I have never come across with 56 srs files.
Sorry, I gave you false hope.

Editing :
Try to rename one at a time.
** Make sure youd shut down Outlook FIRST.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2011   #10
jfroberts

windows 7 home professional x64
 
 
My quirks

I ckecked my old machine and it has only 2 .srs files.
Obviously this is the problem. I'll try nenaming the ebtire folder and if that doesn't work, I'll rename it file by file.
Thanks for the great answer. You hit it on the head.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't use send & receive - Office 2010




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Outlook 2010 Can receive emails but cannot send
I've been using Outlook 2010 for a couple of years with multiple Gmail accounts without any problems until today. One of my Gmail accounts can receive emails but cannot send. When testing the account settings the attached error message appears. Haven't made any changes to the account...
Browsers & Mail
how to send faxes within office 2010
I can see the option of sending emails but not a fax. How does one send a fax from within an Office 2010 program--Word especially. I have an All-in-one printer/scanner, so I am referring to doing so with it preferably. Thank you
Microsoft Office
OUTLOOK 2010 Send/Receive not working after profile restore
Had some disk memory problems this weekend that CHKDSK fixed but left my user profile corrupted. After getting a new profile in working order, mail function has been restored but the OUTLOOK Send/Receive does not work on demand. The start up and the scheduled, automatic send/receive does work...
Microsoft Office
Office 2010 Outlook send
Hello, I have a user in my office that when she sends a message in Outlook, it stays in the Outbox until she hits the Send/Receive button. Nobody else in the office has that problem. Is this a setting issue?
Microsoft Office
Outlook 2010 email accounts disappear or don't send receive
I use Outlook 2010 to process several email accounts. I noticed a few days ago that a couple of the email accounts had vanished from the list. I also noticed that one still present was not sending or receiving. I tried re-entering the password and when that didn't work I deleted and re-entered the...
Microsoft Office
Outlook Connector (Outlook 2010) Won't send/receive
Hi, I've just started using Outlook 2010 instead of WLM 2010, because it is getting too slow and really bugging me. I'm able to send/receive mail from a web account (from a website I administrate), my Gmail and ONE windows live account, but my main email (the second windows live account) just...
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App