Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft Office 2010 Re-Install issues

16 Oct 2011   #1
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 
Microsoft Office 2010 Re-Install issues

I uninstalled it previously because the icons were missing. So trying to reinstall it I keep getting a rather unspecific error just saying "an error has occurred".

screen shot : http://i55.tinypic.com/vwzypj.png

I really need this to do homework n stuff.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Oct 2011   #2
windows7geek

Windows 7
 
 

Hi,

Try these,


1) Create a new administrator account.
2) Log on and launch the installer.

If things don't quite work perfectly now:

3) If you recieve errors accessing your ProgramData folder, use the TakeOwnership registry hack to take control of the entire ProgramData folder, and if needed, create a "Microsoft Office" folder with "Microsoft Office 2010 Tools" inside it under %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu.
4) Your error may return at the end of the installation, but don't worry, it's finished and Office is now installed. Switch user (don't log off!) and go back to your own user. Double-check that everything works. Now, to turn off your computer, press and hold the power button for ~five seconds. This will force the computer to shut down instantly, which will close the installer with the error without giving it the opportunity to roll back its changes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #3
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 

Yes I tried that. I do not receive any spasific error just whats in my pic.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Oct 2011   #4
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 

Hold on do I do part 3-4 on the other user? And Where is Microsoft Office 2010 Tools, I can't find anything named that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2011   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michaelsp9 View Post
I uninstalled it previously because the icons were missing. So trying to reinstall it I keep getting a rather unspecific error just saying "an error has occurred".

screen shot : http://i55.tinypic.com/vwzypj.png

I really need this to do homework n stuff.


Remnants may remain from your prior uninstall...

Check through this link to see if it helps...


How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2011   #6
bbinnard

Win7-64
 
 

I was able to resolve this same problem myself after about 4 hours - 2 on the phone with MS and 2 experimenting on my own. Here's what I learned:

In my case the problem had to do with either junk in my registry - presumably from a previous version of Office (I had 2007 installed before) or by a problem with file/folder permissions. I can;t say exactly what allowed my Office 2010 to install ok because I was changing several things at a time. What I did was

1. Run CCleaner registry cleaner (it found about 50 problems)
2. Run Auslogics Registry cleaner (it found about 1450 problems)
3. Do the following for c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Office: Take Ownership, Set permissions to allow everything for your log-on User ID
4. Run the Office 2010 Setup.exe as Adminstrator
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #7
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bbinnard View Post
I was able to resolve this same problem myself after about 4 hours - 2 on the phone with MS and 2 experimenting on my own. Here's what I learned:

In my case the problem had to do with either junk in my registry - presumably from a previous version of Office (I had 2007 installed before) or by a problem with file/folder permissions. I can;t say exactly what allowed my Office 2010 to install ok because I was changing several things at a time. What I did was

1. Run CCleaner registry cleaner (it found about 50 problems)
2. Run Auslogics Registry cleaner (it found about 1450 problems)
3. Do the following for c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Office: Take Ownership, Set permissions to allow everything for your log-on User ID
4. Run the Office 2010 Setup.exe as Adminstrator
This didn't quite work out for me. I ran all the cleaners, but I couldn't find the Microsoft/Office Folder to Take Ownership of.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #8
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michaelsp9 View Post
I uninstalled it previously because the icons were missing. So trying to reinstall it I keep getting a rather unspecific error just saying "an error has occurred".

screen shot : http://i55.tinypic.com/vwzypj.png

I really need this to do homework n stuff.


Remnants may remain from your prior uninstall...

Check through this link to see if it helps...


How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?

I tried that and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 is not listen in that menu.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #9
michaelsp9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit .
 
 
Re-Installation Issue

I uninstalled Microsoft Office Proffesonal 2010 because I wanted to get rid of SharePoint. I uninstalled it hoping to reinstall it right after. For a couple of days now (actually I think 2-3 weeks) I was not able to reinstall it.
I kept getting a general error : http://i55.tinypic.com/vwzypj.png
I tried many things, with cmd and a whole bunch of stuff but it didn't make a different.
I uninstalled it originally with RevoUninstaller to remove all leftover files, but it seems like there still is something preventing another install.
And I have a digital disk (.iso) file.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2011   #10
Corazon

Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit
 
 

This link from Microsoft might help you, it's worth trying. (Ignore the fact that it addresses uninstalling Office, which you already did - the goal here is to make sure you have a clean slate from which to reinstall it without errors.)

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft Office 2010 Re-Install issues




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I tried to install a microsoft office 2010 trial pack
Can anyone please help me with this?: I tried to install a microsoft office 2010 trial pack on my windows yesterday :) But it didn't install properly :( Now I'm unable to install office again and also unable to uninstall the one that was not installed properly :( Please help me with that...
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2010 Re-Install issues
I was encountering annoying pop up messages when I ran SharePoint for the first time to see what it was. Ever since then it has been asking me for my username and password to a similar server used in my school board's computers. I manually uninstalled SharePoint but it didn't change anything. So I...
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2010/ Replace Office 2010
:DI have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 and Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business. I will be receiving Office 2010 Professional Plus. Do I have to uninstall Office 2007 Small Business or can I install Office 2010 over it. What is the best way to handle the upgrade. I have a lot of files on word and...
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta Installation Issues
Hi everyone, I downloaded the MS Office 2010 Beta today, and when I installed it, it gave me an error, so I un-installed it, deleted the MS Office files, and tried again. This time, it finished installing, but when I click "Change Product Key" like the website tells you to in order to activate...
Microsoft Office
After uninstalling Office 2010 beta can't install 2010 trial help
My beta expired so I uninstalled the beta. I restarted and tried to install the trial but I get this error. I read then that I was to delete the following reg entries Problem is the bottom entry is not deleteable. If I try to delete it or a subfolder or the key I get
Microsoft Office
Office 2010 Generally Available in June 2010, Microsoft
The next iteration of the Office System is now approximately five months away Microsoft confirmed to Softpedia. At the start of this week, you were able to read a report on a remark from Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer, in which the CEO indicated that Office 2010 would be out in...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App