Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Choosing Contacts by Category with Title and Full Address ?


08 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Choosing Contacts by Category with Title and Full Address ?

I wish to display Contacts I have in one of my Categories by Title , Full Name and Address .- i.e. as in the form :- Mr and Mrs John Smith with their address.

How do I arrange this , please ?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Dec 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Can you please be more descriptive of what it is you are trying to achieve??? The display name for a certain contact, all contacts, or???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2011   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

thenoo,

Welcome to our Forum...
My crystal ball is in for service at the moment.
My mind reading capabilities a tad slow...

We deal with lots of people & their problems.
Reading between the lines is unsatisfactory from all perspectives.

* Are you talking about Office Outlook?

* Which one? 2003? 2007? 2010?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Can you please be more descriptive of what it is you are trying to achieve??? The display name for a certain contact, all contacts, or???
Sorry- I wasn't very clear in that post. I have a group of contacts which I have separated into a separate list and want to mail all of these which means I would like to arrange these contacts so that they all appear as they would if I addressed them in a letter, i.e. In the form:-
title & Name on the first line,
followed on the next line with their postal address.

This will enable me to print out address labels for each one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
thenoo,

Welcome to our Forum...
My crystal ball is in for service at the moment.
My mind reading capabilities a tad slow...

We deal with lots of people & their problems.
Reading between the lines is unsatisfactory from all perspectives.

* Are you talking about Office Outlook?

* Which one? 2003? 2007? 2010?
Sorry again ! I should have said Office 2003.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2011   #6
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Re Outlook 2003 & Win 7.

Please note

Quote:
It is recommended to always fully update your version of Outlook directly after installing to take care of any incompatibility issues that have been fixed.
Windows 7 and Outlook | MSOutlook.info

These links
may also be helpful.

Outlook on Windows 7 | Outlook Daily Tips


Using Microsoft Outlook's Contacts Tools Effectively


Display the Total Number of Members in a Contact Group | Outlook Daily Tips
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Steve Ballmer Signature Edition
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thenoo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
Can you please be more descriptive of what it is you are trying to achieve??? The display name for a certain contact, all contacts, or???
Sorry- I wasn't very clear in that post. I have a group of contacts which I have separated into a separate list and want to mail all of these which means I would like to arrange these contacts so that they all appear as they would if I addressed them in a letter, i.e. In the form:-
title & Name on the first line,
followed on the next line with their postal address.

This will enable me to print out address labels for each one.
So, you want what amounts to a form letter?
Dear <first name>:
Like that? In Microsoft terminology this is called a mail merge.

I've never had the need to do it, but here is some info to get you going: About using contacts for a mail merge - Outlook - Office.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Choosing Contacts by Category with Title and Full Address ?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33