|16 Jan 2012||#1|
Moving Outlook data from one PC to anoher
This is my setup:
- PC1 runs Win 7 and Outlook 2010. It has my personal Inbox called Jon Local.
- PC2 runs Win XP and Outlook 2003. It holds my company data and is Server.
I want to change this setup so that I only have all my Outlook data on PC1, running under Outlook 2010. So, I need to migrate the data from PC2 to PC1.
1. How do I do this?!
2. Do I need to convert the format of the data on PC1 to a new Outlook format?
3. Can I export the account settings? No idea what all the pop settings are and the passwords, so would be nice if I can export that and import into Outlook 2010.
4. I need to have the company data from PC2 seperate from PC1. Will it give me two Inboxes?
|My System Specs|
|16 Jan 2012||#2|
Look for *.pst file in 2003. It is probably under your user name, microsoft. outlook. Copy it or get it to the same computer holding 2010. Start 2010 and click file. Click open and select import. Answer the questions and navigate to the pst file.
Yes you can have more mail boxes in 2010. You may have to add an email box after the import. It is file --> Account settings
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Moving Outlook data from one PC to anoher|
|Moving data from PC to Laptop||Microsoft Office|
|Moving data to a new SSD||Hardware & Devices|
|Moving Boot Data to Data Drive||Backup and Restore|
|Help! Copy Outlook Express data to Outlook 2007 on windows 7||Microsoft Office|
|help with moving data and programs to SSD and HDD||Performance & Maintenance|
|Transfer data from Outlook 2000/XP to Outlook 2007/Win7||Browsers & Mail|
|Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook & WD external BU||Microsoft Office|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.