Well, well, well, will miracles never end! Just after My last reply to Iroro I opened my mail and lo and behold there was a link to the application that worked. I guess after reading them chapter and verse of the law here in Canada and the Province of Alberta, they finally got the message. Many thanks for all support from you good people.
P.S. This is a good example as to why I don't waste my time chasing down solutions to most MS problems. I simply reinstall my O/S (from my own disk) I spent nearly 8 hours of my time trying to resolve this issue. I can reinstall my O/S and all my essential services in under 3 hours and the longest part of that is waiting for all the updates to download and install. In this case, the reinstall was required because my computer was very unstable. When I reinstalled the O/S this time I did not let that piece of junk IE 9 load and all the instability is gone by running IE8.