|16 Apr 2013||#1|
| || |
Outlook 2007 only sends some messages
This one is a doozy [at least to me].
My first configuration of Outlook 2007 [Windows 7] accessed three different accounts on three different servers. When I tried to send out an email, it didn't go anywhere, and when I reopened it, it said "this email has not been sent. This email will be sent by [name of default server]. Thinking the problem was all the different accounts, I deleted all three and reinstalled the default account [please note that the entire time i've the three accounts on my Outlook using the same settings on my laptop with no problem]. Now it says "this email has not been sent".
The really odd thing [and I'm hoping this is the clue that cracks the case]: not only does the test message send; when I reply to it, Outlook will pluck it out of the outbox, while leaving behind a message written by me!
How is any of this possible???
|My System Specs|
|17 Apr 2013||#2|
| || |
It works for me !
To update the settings on Outlook 2007, do the following:
1. Open Outlook 2007.
2. Click on the Tools menu.
3. Click on Account Settings.
4. Select your AT&T email account and click the Change button.
5. Change the following settings:
* Incoming mail server: Change your current settings to pop.att.yahoo.com
* Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Change your current settings to smtp.att.yahoo.com
* User Name: If you don't already have your complete email address entered here, do so now.
6. Click the More Settings button.
7. Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
8. Change the following settings:
* Check the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
* Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Click the Advanced tab.
10. Change the following settings:
* Check the box This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming server (POP3).
* Select SSL from the Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown menu under Outgoing server (SMTP).
* Incoming server (POP3): Change your current settings to 995.
* Outgoing server (SMTP): Change your current settings to 465.
11. Click OK.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Outlook 2007 only sends some messages|
|How do I make Outlook 2007 leave a copy of my messages on the server?||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2007 Messages stuck in Outbox||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2007 only sends some messages||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2007 cannot open and print email messages||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007, S/MIME and Winmail.dat||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook only sends from BCC????||Microsoft Office|
|Blank Outlook 2007 messages||Browsers & Mail|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.