Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MS Word to PDF

13 Jun 2013   #1
gelapir

windows nome premium x86
 
 
MS Word to PDF

Hello Friends here,

I want to make word doc into PDF file and may you help me to how to do that?

Thanks in advanced.

Have a nice day.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jun 2013   #2
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gelapir View Post
Hello Friends here,

I want to make word doc into PDF file and may you help me to how to do that?

Thanks in advanced.

Have a nice day.
With ms office version?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2013   #3
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

WORD 2013: Convert a document to PDF - Word - Office.com

WORD 2010:


This information also applies to Microsoft Word Starter 2010.
  1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Save As.
    To see the Save As dialog box in Word 2013, you have to choose a location and folder.
  3. In the File Name box, enter a name for the file, if you haven't already.
  4. In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf).
    • If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box.
    • If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
    • If the file size is more important than print quality, click Minimum size (publishing online).
  5. Click Options to set the page to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select output options. Click OK when finished.
  6. Click Save.
WORD 2007:
  1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PDF or XPS.
  2. In the File Name list, type or select a name for the document.
  3. In the Save as type list, click PDF.
  4. If you want to open the file immediately after saving it, select the Open file after publishing check box. This check box is available only if you have a PDF reader installed on your computer.
  5. Next to Optimize for, do one of the following, depending on whether file size or print quality is more important to you:
  6. If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
  • If the print quality is less important than file size, click Minimum size (publishing online).
  1. Click Options to set the page range to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select the output options. (Find links to more information on these options in the See Also section.) Click OK.
  2. Click Publish.
For WORD 2007 you maybe have to install this first to see the "save as pdf" option: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ails.aspx?id=7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Jun 2013   #4
gelapir

windows nome premium x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
WORD 2013: Convert a document to PDF - Word - Office.com

WORD 2010:


This information also applies to Microsoft Word Starter 2010.
  1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Save As.
    To see the Save As dialog box in Word 2013, you have to choose a location and folder.
  3. In the File Name box, enter a name for the file, if you haven't already.
  4. In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf).
    • If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box.
    • If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
    • If the file size is more important than print quality, click Minimum size (publishing online).
  5. Click Options to set the page to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select output options. Click OK when finished.
  6. Click Save.
WORD 2007:
  1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, point to the arrow next to Save As, and then click PDF or XPS.
  2. In the File Name list, type or select a name for the document.
  3. In the Save as type list, click PDF.
  4. If you want to open the file immediately after saving it, select the Open file after publishing check box. This check box is available only if you have a PDF reader installed on your computer.
  5. Next to Optimize for, do one of the following, depending on whether file size or print quality is more important to you:
  6. If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
  • If the print quality is less important than file size, click Minimum size (publishing online).
  1. Click Options to set the page range to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select the output options. (Find links to more information on these options in the See Also section.) Click OK.
  2. Click Publish.
For WORD 2007 you maybe have to install this first to see the "save as pdf" option: Download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS from Official Microsoft Download Center
Thanks Kaktussoft for ur support,

I try as u show me in ms word 2007 but there was not .pdf in the SAVE AS TYPE even not XPS too.

what is a problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2013   #5
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hi there .. There is an add in which work in Vista ..... Not sure about Windows 7 though

Download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF from Official Microsoft Download Center
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2013   #6
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

if all else fails, you can download Primo PDF PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF
It will convert any word document regardless which version to a pdf
I use it on a computer I have Office 2003 on and it works great and it is FREE
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2013   #7
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
if all else fails, you can download Primo PDF PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF
It will convert any word document regardless which version to a pdf
I use it on a computer I have Office 2003 on and it works great and it is FREE
X2 on PrimoPDF. I like to use it because it is faster than the built in PDF function in Word, especially since it isn't necessary to save the Word doc first, and it can be used elsewhere.

I also have Adobe Acrobat XI Standard (not the reader) but it is slower. I use it for making more complicated PDFs, such as ones made from mixed formats or having different page sizes and/or orientations, and for making searchable PDFs from scanned content.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2013   #8
gelapir

windows nome premium x86
 
 

Thanks mates for your support.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2013   #9
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Hi there ..... Has your issue been completely resolved then ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jun 2013   #10
gelapir

windows nome premium x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Hi there ..... Has your issue been completely resolved then ?
yes it solved.

i download that:
Download 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF from Official Microsoft Download Center

and it worked. thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MS Word to PDF




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Word versus Word Perfect -- how to change back to WP file
I am setting up a new computer with Windows 7 (from XP). I transferred some Word Perfect files to new computer prior to installing the Word Perfect 11 software. I changed one document to Word, and all of my WP documents changed. Now since I have WP installed, I would like to be able to open...
Software
New Windows 7 computer - how do I transfer old Word to Word 2013?
I made the Easy Transfer using the ET cable yesterday. The files and setting of my old Windows 7 computer are now in my new Windows 7 computer. I have Microsoft Word 2013 on my new computer but it's empty. How can I get the documents from Word 2003 on my old computer to the new one? I also...
Microsoft Office
Making MS WORD The Default Word Processing Prog. ?
Hello, Have been using WORD 2007. No problems. But, I just downloaded and installed Open Office. But I only want to use it for its Spreadsheet. However, it looks like its word processing component has taken over. Now, my WORD documents are being opened by Open Office which I do not want....
Microsoft Office
need word 2007 AND word 2010, how to set file associations
Because I do teaching for people who have both versions (2007 & 2010) of Word, I have to keep both on my computer. How do I get .doc and .docx to associate with Word 2010? Because I work mostly in 2010, I want to default to opening with 2010 but I can't do it. When I do try to correct the...
Microsoft Office
Word 2010 is opening my word 2003 attachments
I normally use Word 2003 for documents, although I use Outlook 2010. This morning I opened a Word 2010 document and after quite a while of some sort of an installation, I was able to open the Word 2010 document. I did not think too much of it, except that later I was sending an e-mail and attached...
Microsoft Office
Word 2007 Can't open encrypted docx from Word 2010
When I send some friends a password protected word document created in Word 2010 they can't open it using word 2007 which is compatible with docx by using the correct password. I have no choice but to send as a Word doc instead of docx so they can open it. Word 2007 User 1: Word launches no...
Microsoft Office

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App