Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MS Office 2013 themes


29 Jul 2013   #1

Windows 7 x64
 
 
MS Office 2013 themes

A generous friend gave me a copy of Office Pro 2013. After I got it installed though I'm feeling like I wasted my time. I had been using Office 2003 - in particular Outlook 2003 for calendaring - and Outlook 2013 is extremely low contrast, blindingly white. I've changed the theme to Dark Grey which barely makes a difference. Does anyone know if MS plans to offer more color schemes or if there are any third party solutions? If not I will probably remove 2013 and go back to 2003.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2013   #2

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2013   #3

Windows 7
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jul 2013   #4

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Thanks for this. I actually was able to install additional themes but unfortunately they don't change UI. Apparently there is no solution/alternative at the moment for the white/grey UI of MSO 2013.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #5

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

many people are saying that office 2013 is very bright. I have it but on my monitor I do not see it because i do not have my monitor on the brightest, but i went to another clients computer who has the same complaint and all we did was lower the brightness in the monitor when he uses office. I know this is a pain but it works
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #6

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
many people are saying that office 2013 is very bright. I have it but on my monitor I do not see it because i do not have my monitor on the brightest, but i went to another clients computer who has the same complaint and all we did was lower the brightness in the monitor when he uses office. I know this is a pain but it works
Yes, that's worth considering, but it may not solve the problem. For one thing the monitor brightness is at a good setting for everything else I do. Also, the problem with Office 2013 apps is not just the "whiteness" but low contrast. The "dark grey" theme adds barely enough contrast to make it tolerable - dimming the monitor may make it worse. Fortunately I don't need to use it much so I may be able to get by. But if necessary I'll remove it and go back to Office 2003. It's pretty sad that 10 year old software actually has better functionality.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2013   #7

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Hi there
Office 2010 --Much better -- you can also set themes and backgrounds different from that hideous White colour in Office 2013.

For instance I prefer something like this (EXCEL 2010) 1st screenshot - compared with EXCEL 2013 second screenshot

Cheers
jimbo


Attached Thumbnails
MS Office 2013 themes-office2010.png   MS Office 2013 themes-excel1_2103.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2013   #8

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there
Office 2010 --Much better -- you can also set themes and backgrounds different from that hideous White colour in Office 2013.

For instance I prefer something like this (EXCEL 2010) 1st screenshot - compared with EXCEL 2013 second screenshot

Cheers
jimbo
Yep, that's exactly my problem. I'd happily downgrade to Office 2010, but it isn't possible as far as I know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2013   #9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 8 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

I cannot understand why you do not like the white color, I have it on 3 machines and it does not bother my eyes nor my husbands but we are over 50 yrs of age. Maybe at that age your eyes change so one does see differently. It is interesting cause my son is 40 and he agrees with you guys
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2013   #10

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I cannot understand why you do not like the white color, I have it on 3 machines and it does not bother my eyes nor my husbands but we are over 50 yrs of age. Maybe at that age your eyes change so one does see differently. It is interesting cause my son is 40 and he agrees with you guys
You are among the fortunate ones. I don't know if there is a correlation with age, but if you google the issue you will see that a great many people are having a problem with the brightness and low contrast of the 2013 UI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MS Office 2013 themes




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33