Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Question on Microsoft office 2010 before replacing hard drive.


29 Jan 2014   #1

Dual boot config with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit & Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 
Question on Microsoft office 2010 before replacing hard drive.

Hello all, I will eventually be replacing the hard drive on my desktop. Microsoft office 2010 has been installed on my previous laptop which is no longer in my hands (Had gotten wiped out (hard drive ) before sending it out) and it has been installed on my current laptop and desktop. The desktop will eventually have its hard drive replaced. My current laptop was the 3rd computer that the 2010 Microsoft office has been installed on. Does that mean that I will not be able to reinstall 2010 Microsoft office back on the desktop with the new hard drive? Someone told me that I will be ok since it's the same computer with the only difference being the hard drive. I think 2010 Microsoft office won't be able to be reinstalled on the new hard drive. Enlighten me please, I don't want any surprises.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jan 2014   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I would just call MS customer support and get the answer directly from them. 800.426.9400
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2014   #3

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Reinstall it on the new drive. You may have to call M$ to get it activated but you will be able to reinstall it. What matters is you do not have any more current installations than the license allows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jan 2014   #4

Dual boot config with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit & Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I would just call MS customer support and get the answer directly from them. 800.426.9400

Thanks for the tip. The last time I called Microsoft to ask this question they wanted to charge me $99. I didn't have the menu options that this number gave me, so I may have contacted the wrong department. I called this number and provided my product key and I have one more installation left. I'm assuming that wiping out the previous laptop deauthorized the 2010 Microsoft office that was installed on it. I'm glad I called this number, thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2014   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlindMan12v View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I would just call MS customer support and get the answer directly from them. 800.426.9400

Thanks for the tip. The last time I called Microsoft to ask this question they wanted to charge me $99. I didn't have the menu options that this number gave me, so I may have contacted the wrong department. I called this number and provided my product key and I have one more installation left. I'm assuming that wiping out the previous laptop deauthorized the 2010 Microsoft office that was installed on it. I'm glad I called this number, thanks!
Perfect sometimes it just pays to go to the top.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2014   #6

Dual boot config with Windows 7 Home premium 64bit & Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlindMan12v View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
I would just call MS customer support and get the answer directly from them. 800.426.9400

Thanks for the tip. The last time I called Microsoft to ask this question they wanted to charge me $99. I didn't have the menu options that this number gave me, so I may have contacted the wrong department. I called this number and provided my product key and I have one more installation left. I'm assuming that wiping out the previous laptop deauthorized the 2010 Microsoft office that was installed on it. I'm glad I called this number, thanks!
Perfect sometimes it just pays to go to the top.

Definitly. I just thought I'd ask here since it didn't work out when I had called. Good day.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jan 2014   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I just went through the same thing with a 3 PC Windows 7 Home Premium. Had to remove off old lappy so a new i5 build could get that 3rd of 3. Called MS and they took over my rig and validated for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Question on Microsoft office 2010 before replacing hard drive.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Question on Microsoft office 2010 before replacing hard drive.
Thread Forum
Upgrading from Office 2010 to office 2013 question Microsoft Office
replacing a hard drive Hardware & Devices
Microsoft Office 2010/ Replace Office 2010 Microsoft Office
Hard Drive and Microsoft Office Microsoft Office
Office 2010 Generally Available in June 2010, Microsoft News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33