Quote: Originally Posted by SilverGator
I really didn't want to do a Registry edit. I mean, just installed Windows 7 and don't want to mess anything. Is there any other way? Is that safe? How would I get there?
The alternative is to remove and re-install Office 2007, a real pain.
Here are the steps:
1. In the Orb's white box, enter "regedit" (without the quotes)
2. Click on the program (regedit) that will appear
3. Answer yes to the UAC prompt about changing things.
4. Click on "Computer" at the top of the right pane in regedit
5. Click on "File" - "Export..."
6. Make sure "Export range" at the bottom is set to "All"
7. pick a name for the ".reg" file - it will probably default to saving it in your "My Documents" folder.
Now you have a backup of the registry in case anything goes sideways.
8. Follow the path from the post above and make the changes. (You'll first click on the triangle next to KEY_CURRENT_USER, then scroll down to Software, do the same click, then scroll down to Microsoft, then to Office then to Common then to UserInfo)
9. After you have made the changes, Exit.
I know it seems daunting, but just take it a step at a time, and remember that you have a backup saved.