Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't pin Office 2010 apps to taskbar?


09 Dec 2009   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 
Can't pin Office 2010 apps to taskbar?

Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2009   #2

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Have you tried rt.click on the .exe for each program and pin, or drag and drop the exe onto the taskbar. See if that works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Yes, I have tried that. Has the same result as right-clicking the Start Menu shortcut.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Dec 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

No further suggestions from anyone??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Have you tried to select winword.exe and send shortcut to desktop first.
After it is on desktop just drag and drop into taskbar.
This works for me.

Iggy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Have you tried to select winword.exe and send shortcut to desktop first.
After it is on desktop just drag and drop into taskbar.
This works for me.

Iggy
Yes, that did it! Thanks! Unfortunately, the Outlook does not have the proper jumplist options ... bummer ... but that is a minor issue for me, far outweighed by the fact that the icon itself is working!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Hey,

For some reason, I can't get any of the Office 2010 programs to pin to the taskbar on Windows 7 Home Premium. When the program is running, the jumplist has no button to pin the program. If I go into the Start Menu and hit Pin to Taskbar from there, it gives me a working shortcut on the taskbar, but the program creates a new taskbar button when it launches, completely ignoring the one that's already there.

Even stranger, I don't have this problem on my other computer running Win 7 Pro.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Have you tried to select winword.exe and send shortcut to desktop first.
After it is on desktop just drag and drop into taskbar.
This works for me.

Iggy
Yes, that did it! Thanks! Unfortunately, the Outlook does not have the proper jumplist options ... bummer ... but that is a minor issue for me, far outweighed by the fact that the icon itself is working!
If it worked on Windows 7 Pro than this signals to me that you have a much bigger problem at stake here...try this first

Run sfc /scannow in a command prompt (as an Administrator)...if it doesn't work after that than I would consider a repair install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post

Have you tried to select winword.exe and send shortcut to desktop first.
After it is on desktop just drag and drop into taskbar.
This works for me.

Iggy
Yes, that did it! Thanks! Unfortunately, the Outlook does not have the proper jumplist options ... bummer ... but that is a minor issue for me, far outweighed by the fact that the icon itself is working!
If it worked on Windows 7 Pro than this signals to me that you have a much bigger problem at stake here...try this first

Run sfc /scannow in a command prompt (as an Administrator)...if it doesn't work after that than I would consider a repair install

I just unlocked my taskbar and tried to pin something to it and it didn't work. We may have found a minor glitch in Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2009   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IggyAZ View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BCXtreme View Post

Yes, that did it! Thanks! Unfortunately, the Outlook does not have the proper jumplist options ... bummer ... but that is a minor issue for me, far outweighed by the fact that the icon itself is working!
If it worked on Windows 7 Pro than this signals to me that you have a much bigger problem at stake here...try this first

Run sfc /scannow in a command prompt (as an Administrator)...if it doesn't work after that than I would consider a repair install

I just unlocked my taskbar and tried to pin something to it and it didn't work. We may have found a minor glitch in Windows 7.
Nope, there is no glitch! I pinned IE x64 drom my \START\PROGRAMS R/C to the taskbar. No issues.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't pin Office 2010 apps to taskbar?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33