Windows Search (and/or Outlook 2007 Instant Search) does not index emails from Outlook PST files
Hi Gang....so I'm having a similar problem trying to get Windows Search to index my emails.
I am currently running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Outlook 2007. Upgraded from Windows XP Pro (SP3) and Outlook 2003 doing a clean install and then migrating app data over using Windows EZ migration.
Windows Search (i.e. Federated Search) is able to index my local files, but does not show any email files.
I've tried all of the following:
* reindexing as described in Watch out for a Microsoft Outlook 2007 indexing issue in Windows Vista
* running Microsoft Digonistic
* running Windows 7 assist utility: Find and Fix Problems with Windows Search
* Creating new Outlook profile
* Running scanpst on outlook PST files
* Confirming that Outlook Instant Search is enabled
* making sure that Indexing Option File type RTF indicates Rich Text Format
I do note that, after trying the re-indexing (uncheck/recheck) fix, Windows Search IS able to index individual outlook messages which I have saved in My Documents folder(s), but it does not index my PST files.
Moreover, when I open up the Search Options in Outlook Instant Search, the "Indexing" and "Search" options are DISABLED/GREYED OUT! So, I am unable to select any PST files for indexing and/or customize search options.
Other details to consider which may be affecting:
* I'm running Office 2007 SP2
* I originally installed the Office Software under my Windows User Profile (w/ Administrator privileges) by launching the installer using "run as administrator"
* The PST files are stored on my D: drive (and outlook profile has been set up to do this)
Any help/assistance towards solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.