Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Word 2010 - DOCX printing problems


13 Jan 2010   #1

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 
Word 2010 - DOCX printing problems

Hi all
Another problem with Word 2010.

SAME PRINTER - SAME DOCUMENT - SAME FONT

Prints with a sort of white line half way through and at the last 3 lines of each page the same thing happens -- it's like a line of text is split.


Printed with Office 2007 both on Windows 7 and 2003 Server - no problems at all -- so I've eliminated printer driver problems.

I'm afraid I've had now to give up with Office 2010 Beta (I was using 64 bit version).

Not ready yet for prime time -- I think MS will need to release a "Pre RTM" or another test version to get all the bugs out of Office 2010 before it goes final.

Cheers
jimbo

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jan 2010   #2

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi all
Another problem with Word 2010.

SAME PRINTER - SAME DOCUMENT - SAME FONT

Prints with a sort of white line half way through and at the last 3 lines of each page the same thing happens -- it's like a line of text is split.


Printed with Office 2007 both on Windows 7 and 2003 Server - no problems at all -- so I've eliminated printer driver problems.

I'm afraid I've had now to give up with Office 2010 Beta (I was using 64 bit version).

Not ready yet for prime time -- I think MS will need to release a "Pre RTM" or another test version to get all the bugs out of Office 2010 before it goes final.

Cheers
jimbo
Jim, a suggestion!
Save the document as a previous versio say, Word 97 or 2003 and re-print.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #3

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi all
Another problem with Word 2010.

SAME PRINTER - SAME DOCUMENT - SAME FONT

Prints with a sort of white line half way through and at the last 3 lines of each page the same thing happens -- it's like a line of text is split.


Printed with Office 2007 both on Windows 7 and 2003 Server - no problems at all -- so I've eliminated printer driver problems.

I'm afraid I've had now to give up with Office 2010 Beta (I was using 64 bit version).

Not ready yet for prime time -- I think MS will need to release a "Pre RTM" or another test version to get all the bugs out of Office 2010 before it goes final.

Cheers
jimbo
Jim, a suggestion!
Save the document as a previous versio say, Word 97 or 2003 and re-print.
already tried that -- no good

It's a pity because on the surface office 2010 looks quite good.
Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Jan 2010   #4

 

What printer, Driver version?

I'm more inclined to suspect the print driver. I am running office 2010 x64, and havent noticed any issues. If you are willing to email me the offending file, I can print it on my end and see what happens. Let me know via PM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #5

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ccatlett1984 View Post
What printer, Driver version?

I'm more inclined to suspect the print driver. I am running office 2010 x64, and havent noticed any issues. If you are willing to email me the offending file, I can print it on my end and see what happens. Let me know via PM.
I tend to agree, Jim have you cleaned and re-aligned your printer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jan 2010   #6

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Hi there
I've DEFINITELY checked the printer -- it prints EXCEL. Powerpoint and Photoshop docs fine on Windows 7 X-64. Only on Word 2010 does it show "quirky behaviour

Printer is a Photo printer - Epson 1290 (older printer) but I still use it as it can print at A3+ when I need larger prints and still use it for decent quality photos.

Printer is working 100% OK.

Driver is fine - Windows 7 X-64 from Windows. On W2003 server XP driver is fine too.

New Ink cartriges fitted, printer aligned correctly -- all the obvious issues done.

I don't want to send the doc for obvious reasons as its a letter to the Bank

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Word 2010 - DOCX printing problems




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Word 2010 - DOCX printing problems
Thread Forum
Solved When did Microsoft Word change to show you .docx Software
cover problems in word 2010 Microsoft Office
Bug report: Word 2010 - duplex printing Microsoft Office
Word 2007 Can't open encrypted docx from Word 2010 Microsoft Office
Word 2010 printing blank sheets Microsoft Office
Printing to pdf problem with docx Microsoft Office
How do I Microsoft Word 2010 default progam with .docx? Microsoft Office

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33