|17 Apr 2010||#1|
| || |
deleting emails in outlook, not connecting with gmail
so I just connected outlook 07 with my gmail account, after deleting unwanted emails in outlook, the deleted emails still marked as unread and still there in my gmail account.
does any know how do I delete emails in my gmail just by using outlook?
|My System Specs|
|17 Apr 2010||#2|
| || |
Depending on how you're connecting to gmail it may not be possible. I know it's not possible to delete emails on the web server if you're using an HTTP or IMAP connection. By default, most tutorials tell you to use IMAP and POP isn't enabled be default on a gmail account.
To Enable Pop in Gmail:
1. Sign in to Gmail.
2. Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
5. Choose what to do with your messages after they're accessed with your POP client or device.
6. Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes.
1. Enable POP in your email account. Don't forget to click Save Changes.
2. Open Outlook.
3. Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings...
4. On the E-mail tab, click New...
5. If you are prompted to Choose E-mail Service, Select POP and then select Next.
6. Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
7. Click Next... You're Done. (Manual Cofiguration)
Now that you've enabled POP access via Outlook and Gmail you can set your client so that it will delete email from the server:
1. Open Outlook 2007
2. Tools > Account settings
3. Choose the account you wish to modify > Change
4. More Settings (Bottom right)
5. Advanced Tab > Uncheck "Leave a copy of messages on the server."
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: deleting emails in outlook, not connecting with gmail|
|Can I import my old gmail emails to outlook.com?||Browsers & Mail|
|seen new emails in outlook when emails are filtered||Microsoft Office|
|How to limit Outlook 2010 emails downloads to less than 1,000 [gmail]?||Microsoft Office|
|Outlook not deleting emails from server||Microsoft Office|
|Can't send emails to a Gmail account suddenly||Browsers & Mail|
|deleting gmail emails from outlook 2010 folder||Microsoft Office|
|how to import outlook 2007 emails to Gmail?||Microsoft Office|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.