|19 Aug 2010||#1|
How to disable only video thumbnail preview?
I Only want to disable the video thumbnail preview, i.e. wmv, avi..., but the way in some articles will not work. Any idea? thank you.
Disable Win7 video preview selectively, save system resources
Howto Disable Video Thumbnailing in Vista
|My System Specs|
|20 Aug 2010||#6|
What I would do in this case would be the following:
1) Disable all thumbnailing and delete all thumbnail cache
2) Put only one of the videos in a specific folder
3) Download, install, and run RegMon so you have it up and running at this point before you move on
4) Re-enable thumbnailing of videos/pictures
5) Open only the folder that has the one video you put in there in step 2
6) Watch as it thumbnails
7) Stop RegMon and look for the "query" registry strings to get an idea of which registry value(s) it is looking for in order to thumbnail videos
8) Once you figure out which value(s) it's querying you can adjust the registry accordingly to either delete those values or change them so when it queries it, it no longer finds the string that tells it to thumbnail the video
Or, you could just wait until someone else does that or comes up with a different idea.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: How to disable only video thumbnail preview?|
|Cannot the windows preview if I don't click on the preview thumbnail||General Discussion|
|How Can I Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?||General Discussion|
|how to disable preview thumbnail icons for video files||General Discussion|
|Disabling video thumbnail preview||General Discussion|
|No Thumbnail Preview?||Music, Pictures & Video|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.