Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Annoyed by system hangs


20 Oct 2010   #1

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
Annoyed by system hangs

Hi there everyone; I've read lots of useful info here and need some help to fix a very constant problem. While watching video, on youtube or outside of my browser, I get a lag hang up about once every 30 sec. to several minutes. This is very annoying and has been going on for some time but I can't find a solution.

So I have used "DPC Latency Checker" and found that it goes into the red at least once every 30 seconds. I disabled all of my unessacary drivers and the latency remains the same. I can submit any needed info upon request but please help!!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Oct 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shuichiro View Post
Hi there everyone; I've read lots of useful info here and need some help to fix a very constant problem. While watching video, on youtube or outside of my browser, I get a lag hang up about once every 30 sec. to several minutes. This is very annoying and has been going on for some time but I can't find a solution.

So I have used "DPC Latency Checker" and found that it goes into the red at least once every 30 seconds. I disabled all of my unessacary drivers and the latency remains the same. I can submit any needed info upon request but please help!!
Not a question of disabling un-needed drivers but updating (repairing) the ones you do. what is the highest red peak number? If over 1000, I would update the network, video, and sound drivers for starters.

We could use more info on networking.


Ken J
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #3

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

need more of your system info maybe able to help solve issue quicker if we know what we are looking at.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

ok, here is my system info

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9694/48479979.jpg

Red number averages at 4000-6000 but can often go over 25000.

Thanks for helping!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Looks like this is a laptop you ever try updating the driver through windows ?
or seeing if there is a updated version

Also if it is lagging on youtube it is probally a browser issue maybe update the flash player or see if the browser needs updated plugins

connection speed may have something to do with it might want to check you're adapter for the latest driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #6

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shuichiro View Post
ok, here is my system info

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9694/48479979.jpg

Red number averages at 4000-6000 but can often go over 25000.

Thanks for helping!!

how did you get on, did you do what Solarstarshines suggested?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #7

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

I have checked for updates for all my drivers through Windows 7 and still problem persists.

The problem is not limited to online video, so browser or connection speed is likely out.

Any other thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #8

WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shuichiro View Post
I have checked for updates for all my drivers through Windows 7 and still problem persists.

The problem is not limited to online video, so browser or connection speed is likely out.

Any other thoughts?

how long have you had the problem, when did it start, it might be something as simple as a program you installed that is eating up your resources.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Connection speed can definitely cause this problem ... youtube is constantly buffering when I watch a video on my computer. I have DSL/Broadband connection, but it isn't very good

Also, what anti-virus program are you using? Some can slow down web pages.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

The problem has been ongoing for quite sometime, which had me watching my system resources for memory hogs, which nothing has become obvious enough to raise a red flag.

Lag also occurs outside of browsing, when watching regular video and when running programs without the browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Annoyed by system hangs




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Annoyed by system hangs
Thread Forum
System Hangs up General Discussion
system hangs BSOD Help and Support
System hangs after a while Hardware & Devices
BSOD (-_-) ----- Annoyed to say the least... BSOD Help and Support
system cold boot hangs at "loading operating system" BSOD Help and Support
Somebody help me here 'cus I'm getting annoyed! General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33