On your Window's 7 computer, have you tried opening one of the problem jpegs in MSPaint and saving it as a jpeg with a slightly altered name? Transfer that new jpeg to your XP machine, does it preview properly or not?
You mentioned all the various ways you have tried to transfer them, but perhaps the software creating said jpegs is the thing at fault. Maybe you should try using something other than Arcsoft Photoimpressions or look for an update for it?
P.S. Were those attached jpegs from your "problem" batch? As they previewed fine on my old XP computer (explorer thumbnails, IE, office photo viewer etc etc.) Perhaps your XP machine has an underlying issue that needs resolved.
Quote: Originally Posted by davemnet
Thanks for your interest. I do not think this has anyrthing to do with filesize, they are all circa 5-600Kb. I have tried moving these files via a USB stick, I have tried copying the files from the Windows 7 to XP machine via the network and also using the files directly across the newtork, all with the exactly the same result 58 files work OK and 56 do not. It is odd that some software on tne XP machine can still interpret the files correctly and others not. Internet explorer wil load teh picture whereas Windows explorer cannot interpret.