Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How To Add Large Text To Picture

08 Mar 2011   #41
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by allend66 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
The file extension is the same on all of my thumbnails...jpg.
Excuse me Sir, but the one you uploaded earlier, and the one I did for you were PNG... (post 5 & 8 I saved as jpg)

Ditch Picasa if your not happy with it - it won't be a pleasure to do the work otherwise. You could try Zoner Photo Studio (which I used earlier for you). It's simple but feature packed...
The reason that those were png, was because that is the way that I uploaded them, not because they were that way from the start, nor is it the way that they are now.

I may well try Zoner, if this I can't get Picasa to work for me. Thanks for the suggestion.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Mar 2011   #42
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I'll do better than that. If these are not enough, I got five more of the same series.
Well I can certainly open them in Picasa but they are so small I cannot get a font size small enough to fit!
In you post above you say:
Quote:
The reason that those were png, was because that is the way that I uploaded them, not because they were that way from the start, nor is it the way that they are now.
How did you convert them to JPG? Did you just rename them using a different file extension?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #43
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I never converted them to .jpg, that is the way that they came either from my scanner, or downloaded from Google. There was no good reason for me to convert the other images to png, except just plain old habit.

EDIT: Again, the question is not if you can get them to open in Picasa, it is whether you can tell me how to get them to do so. Did you just use the means that you described previously?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Mar 2011   #44
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

allend66,

I have gotten further with Zonar than I have with Picasa, but the free version is not all that feature rich, and I'm not inclined to buy it. I did get a thumbnail numbered, but not really as I would like it. I found no option for outlining, there was no pencil style coloring, only paint brush, which covered a very wide area. I was able to use paintbrush in this one instance, but I doubt that would often be true. In addition to outlining text, I would like to have control over the fill color separately, and also be able to place shadowing around the text for contrast. I'm going to continue with this,until I can find something more to my liking. Thanks.

EDIT: A curious issue with this, is that after saving the thumb with Zoner, with I checked back in Movie Collector, where it is to be used, and the change was visible in the details window (which appears after selecting a thumb), but not in the image window that you select a movie from, which is where it needs to be most. This is a separate issue which has nothing to do with editing the thumbs, but it is one that I will have to figure out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #45
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
allend66,

I have gotten further with Zonar than I have with Picasa, but the free version is not all that feature rich, and I'm not inclined to buy it. I did get a thumbnail numbered, but not really as I would like it. I found no option for outlining, there was no pencil style coloring, only paint brush, which covered a very wide area.
Which is precisely why I recommended Picasa in the first place. You will ,of course, have a much wider choice if you pay for the software but I can understand you do not want to do this for just this comparatively small job.
If you are willing to have one more go before giving p with Picasa then please try this.
Close everything down back to your desktop.
Click the Start button, then Computer then navigate to one of the offending images.
Right click on the file and choose "Open With" then choose the "Choose default program" button.
Go straight to the Browse button.
Navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Picasa/Picasa3.exe
Click "Open"
If the image does not open now then there is either something wrong with the image or the Picasa installation had a glitch.
You did say:
Quote:
There was no good reason for me to convert the other images to png, except just plain old habit.
Sorry to labour this point but I do think this is where the problem is. I have just done a test and I can replicate your problem if I rename a PNG file to a JPG by just altering the file extension. It shows up but everything is greyed out! Can you please just explain how if you had a PNG file you would covert it to a JPG and vice versa? This is most important if we are to solve this!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #46
allend66

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 OEM --> RTM clean install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
... there was no pencil style coloring, only paint brush, which covered a very wide area. ....
Seekermeister, the paintbrush tool is a combo pencil/paintbrush... you can edit all settings giving you pinstripe thin lines to fat swathes, from razor sharp edges to blur, spacing, colour... try experimenting... (see scrreshot)

Though I'll admit I'm not one to flog a dead horse - if you don't like Zoner, ditch it and move on to the next. Have you tried Paint.net? It's listed in the free programs thread here and is thought highly of...


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #47
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

mitchell65,

I will have another go with Picasa as you suggested, but it is going to have to wait a bit...I have something else going on. The file conversion has nothing to do with the problem that you and I have been working on, because those SG-1 images have never been anything other than what they are now...jpg. The only thing that may have been caused by this conversion was the Sea Hunt image that allend66 was helping me with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #48
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by allend66 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
... there was no pencil style coloring, only paint brush, which covered a very wide area. ....
Seekermeister, the paintbrush tool is a combo pencil/paintbrush... you can edit all settings giving you pinstripe thin lines to fat swathes, from razor sharp edges to blur, spacing, colour... try experimenting... (see scrreshot)

Though I'll admit I'm not one to flog a dead horse - if you don't like Zoner, ditch it and move on to the next. Have you tried Paint.net? It's listed in the free programs thread here and is thought highly of...
Thanks, but I'm a person with a one track mind, and can only focus on one program at a time. I will take another look at Zonar and see if I can get it to do what I want. If not, then Paint.net comes next. Somewhere along the line, I will find something.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2011   #49
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
mitchell65,

The file conversion has nothing to do with the problem that you and I have been working on, because those SG-1 images have never been anything other than what they are now...jpg. The only thing that may have been caused by this conversion was the Sea Hunt image that allend66 was helping me with.
Sorry but I beg to differ. The files you uploaded here had the file extension JPEG not JPG. I was just wondering how they got named that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Mar 2011   #50
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Regardless of which extension that it was, the only one that I changed was Sea Hunt, and I did that with Paint.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How To Add Large Text To Picture




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
White boxes behind text in start menu after adding a picture...
Okay, been playing around with Vista Style Builder, and got an image into my start menu which I'm quite happy with. It works just fine when I open the start menu normally, but as soon as I click on "All Programs", the program folders and apps all have a white background behind them that stretches...
Themes and Styles
How do I make this Text Affect in Word 2010? (Picture included)
I have an assignment in which I have to make a certain affect in Word. I've been looking around and i can't find it. Im not sure if its called a "text affect" but what ever it is, i need to replicate it exactly. I took the picture of it straight from my teachers word document. Anyone know how to...
Microsoft Office
Office 2007: How to Set Default Picture Text Wrapping When Inserted?
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows 7 and in the Settings, I've set Office to insert pictures with Square as the default text wrapping but whenever I insert a picture, it still inserts as In Line With Text and not Square. How do I fix this so it inserts as Square? P.S. I changed the setting...
Microsoft Office
clicking "insert picture" it always defaults back to "large icons"
When I go to insert a picture in a certain program the "picture services" window pops up. I go to choose the "icon size" for my photos and it will not remember the selection, "medium icons" for the size of my photos in the selection window. It always reverts back to "large icons". I can only see...
General Discussion
Large .tif and picture files slow computer tremendously
First off, I've had Windows 7 installed for a good few months now, and every time I go into a folder with one or two large .tiff or some other picture file, the whole computer slows down to a crawl, making me wait for anything up to some hours before it'll even show the preview thumbnail (and not...
Performance & Maintenance
How do you add text under your sig picture?
This is probably a simple thing I'm not seeing but I would Just like to add some writing under my sig , to give credit to the maker. I'm Just not too familiar with forums and how they operate yet, but I'm trying. Thanks.:confused:
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App