|21 Apr 2011||#1|
| || |
Full Screen videos auto closing.
I've found another post similar to this one in another topic area however there was no apparent solution found so instead i'm hoping to find my own answer here.
Over past week i've just recently installed Win 7 x64 Ultimate.
Everything runs fine and smooth except for watching full screen videos, while watching video in full screen after approx 4/5 mins of viewing the screen will auto close or go back to compact view which is extremely irratating, this happens with
any type of media player for example , vlc player , wmp 11 , internet explorer 9 youtube videos or any in browser players, so basically anything that plays videos full screen will be reduced back to compact view or boxed screen after 4/5 of it being in full screen mode.
Steps i've taken to try and resolve this:
1. Disabled Aero & windows 7 default main theme and using windows classic theme.
2. Checked to make sure graphics card has latest update from Nvidia.
3. Went through Avast anti virus for any apparent interference.
4. Re-installed graphics driver incase original install was bugged/glitched.
5. Checked all media programs & players where up to date & compatible with x64.
6. Searched via google for my issue with which no one has yet found solution.
7. Direct X is of latest Direct X 11.
Computer Details & things to take into consideration:
- Nvidia Gtx 260 graphics card & latest updated driver.
- Latest Avast anti virus.
- 4gb ram DDR3
- I7 920 @ 2.65 ghz cpu.
- With system being just recently installed there isn't much if any programs installed to interfere with system operation.
I had exact same antivirus and graphics card on vista ultimate x32 both with same latest updates and there was no problem running videos in full screen previously beforre upgrading to Win 7 x64.
would appreciate all answers/opinions which could be of use.
|My System Specs|
|21 Apr 2011||#3|
| || |
Thanks for reply , you could be right i've just checked task manager there are currently 71 running processes, i'll install process explorer have more detailed look as to what each is, theres one thing i haven't tried yet and thats running in safe mode w/o networking i'm assumin videos would still play in it atleast that has minimum processes running.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Full Screen videos auto closing.|
|BSoD after closing full screen applications||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSODs when watching streaming full screen videos and closing Civ5||BSOD Help and Support|
|HD videos not supported when full screen||Graphic Cards|
|youtubes videos are not playing well with full screen!||BSOD Help and Support|
|Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing||BSOD Help and Support|
|Can't type anywhere and youtube full screen mode is closing by it self||General Discussion|
|Auto Full Screen?||General Discussion|