After searching for some time for the winamp APE plugin 3.99 and having no luck and other versions failing to install i came across a forum post that mentioned mediamonkey plays APE extensions, so i went into mediamonkey as i have that installed and went to settings and found to my delight that the mediamonkey plugin was version 3.99 so i went into MM program file and found the plugin and copied it over to the plugins folder in winamp prog file and hey presto
, the few APE files i had are now playing in winamp ,showing all the tag data and albumart
, (this wouldnt show in mediamonkey) and winamp is my default music player.
so whats this post about its already solved you say,
its a trumpet blow
as i was almost pulling my hair out.
and im feeling rather pleased with myself
shame it took so long to find a solution as the answer was on my pc all along.