Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Album Art comes back even after removing using Mp3tag

31 Jan 2012   #1
kalra82

windows 7, 32bit
 
 
Album Art comes back even after removing using Mp3tag

Here is the problem:
I have removed all the album art(pictures) using mp3tag and now there are no images showing in map3tag. I have also deleted VLC player's album art cache. I also made sure that no folders were hidden having those images by showing system protected hidden folders and all.

But I dont know from where the hell vlc again get the album art. I dont know where those images are.
I removed them from mp3tag, mp3tag does not show them anymore.
They are not hidden anywhere, I checked everywhere.
I cleared VLC album art cache which was hidden earlier and also run ccleaner.

If I select vlc to load album art manually in privacy setting under interface. Than it does not show. But my concern is that when i have nowhere those images in my pc from where vlc get them. I want to see album arts but not for all songs, few are bad looking.

Please help me to find out where are those images.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jan 2012   #2
vram

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kalra82 View Post
Here is the problem:
I have removed all the album art(pictures) using mp3tag and now there are no images showing in map3tag. I have also deleted VLC player's album art cache. I also made sure that no folders were hidden having those images by showing system protected hidden folders and all.

But I dont know from where the hell vlc again get the album art. I dont know where those images are.
I removed them from mp3tag, mp3tag does not show them anymore.
They are not hidden anywhere, I checked everywhere.
I cleared VLC album art cache which was hidden earlier and also run ccleaner.

If I select vlc to load album art manually in privacy setting under interface. Than it does not show. But my concern is that when i have nowhere those images in my pc from where vlc get them. I want to see album arts but not for all songs, few are bad looking.

Please help me to find out where are those images.
I just skimmed your post so forgive me if you tried this, but have you went to your music directory and searched for .jpg in the search box with "show hidden files/folders" enabled and "hide protected operating system" files disabled under folder options? Windows Media player will create a large and small .jpg of album art if you don't disable the feature.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2012   #3
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Do you have external "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" album art in the physical folders in which the music files live?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Feb 2012   #4
kalra82

windows 7, 32bit
 
 

No there are no .jpg or .png pictures in folder. I also tried copying those songs to desktop but still no success.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2012   #5
kalra82

windows 7, 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Do you have external "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" album art in the physical folders in which the music files live?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vram View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kalra82 View Post
Here is the problem:
I have removed all the album art(pictures) using mp3tag and now there are no images showing in map3tag. I have also deleted VLC player's album art cache. I also made sure that no folders were hidden having those images by showing system protected hidden folders and all.

But I dont know from where the hell vlc again get the album art. I dont know where those images are.
I removed them from mp3tag, mp3tag does not show them anymore.
They are not hidden anywhere, I checked everywhere.
I cleared VLC album art cache which was hidden earlier and also run ccleaner.

If I select vlc to load album art manually in privacy setting under interface. Than it does not show. But my concern is that when i have nowhere those images in my pc from where vlc get them. I want to see album arts but not for all songs, few are bad looking.

Please help me to find out where are those images.
I just skimmed your post so forgive me if you tried this, but have you went to your music directory and searched for .jpg in the search box with "show hidden files/folders" enabled and "hide protected operating system" files disabled under folder options? Windows Media player will create a large and small .jpg of album art if you don't disable the feature.
Yes I have tried but there are no .jpg or .png files in folder. Not even in my PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2012   #6
Andrew Gie

Windows XP Home 32 bit, getting ready for Windows 7 Pro
 
 

The truth is that there is a utility to attach tags to remote media files - all you need is the ip address. I actually googled and found the guy who wrote a vbscript to do it - but he seems to have removed his post as I cannot find it again. Do we call this guy or gal a hacker or a co-operative sharer ? - I prefer the latter. He has been quite benign in the art he has chosen for my media, although I did write to VideoLan to ask him to change one (I suspect he works for VideoLan although I can't prove it). What I can prove is that there definitely is a hacker (too strong a word) involved as after I wrote to VideoLan he attached a .jpg of our minister to one of his sermons - there is no way that could have happened by chance. I did check with the minister and the church's webmaster and they were clueless, in fact I wasn't even aware of album art until this happened. But at least it got me thinking, and I now embed more appropriate album art into our lunchtime talks (see www.citypartnership.org.za - a parachurch organization for which I am the webmaster). This is internal album art, the hacker creates external album art, which unfortunately takes precedence, so I have to win him over . I still don't understand EXACTLY how it all works technically, but I think the fact that our Dropbox password has been in an email or two has a bearing on it (we store our talks in Dropbox). I've also established that service providers, telephone operators (land line and cell) are trying to find this guy - I'd love to meet him or her ! Hope this all helps. If you find it a bit hard to believe I've got the jegs to prove it....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2012   #7
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

I have faced this problem . Here's what I did to overcome it.

In the album art box of MP3Tag, delete the album art ... there may be another below it. Delete that one , too. Actually, if there are more than one album arts, delete all, and save.

Then, Apply which one you exactly want, and save.

I hope, the unwanted album arts will not come back again; as those not vame back for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2012   #8
Andrew Gie

Windows XP Home 32 bit, getting ready for Windows 7 Pro
 
 

Arc, that's what I did too. It's an easy solution because the album art is external and not embedded in the media files. But it doesn't answer the original question - where did the art come from in the first place ? See my earlier posting - it seems to be the work of a hacker who has figured out how to attach album art to remote media files.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Apr 2012   #9
Andrew Gie

Windows XP Home 32 bit, getting ready for Windows 7 Pro
 
 

I've done a bit more testing and research and it seems you cannot prevent vlc from downloading external album art (except by switching your router / modem off). This is probably by design because it seems from amazon.com there are royalties involved. I have also experienced the wrong cover art being downloaded (apart from the weird experience with remote tagging I described earlier). But it seems this is because there is not enough information in the other tag fields to uniquely identify the required cover art. For example, if you use mp3tag - www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html -an excellent utility - specifically the options to download cover art or tags - you will get a number of options depending on how many other tags you have specified. Hope this helps a bit...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Album Art comes back even after removing using Mp3tag




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Preventing MP3TAG App from Starting Player
I started to use the MP3TAG app to modify music data. My problem is that sometimes when selecting a track for editing the music player will activate and start playing the track. I do not know why this happens and I want to stop this from happening. -thx
Music, Pictures & Video
getting the boot loader back after removing linux
Hi, I uninstalled linux and then wanted to use windows. It was a dual boot. I read the process online but stupidly I only made an acer e recovery disk not a windows 7 disk. I can't access the command prompt now because I get the linux grub loader error. What can I do? I do not have a...
Backup and Restore
Removing Ram To Collect Info - Then Put It Back
Is it OK to remove RAM to take some details about it - or should I not touch it unless absolutely necessary? I'm not a total newbie, but I just want to check, as I'm wanting to find out how much RAM each card has, as I have four sockets, and they are all full and I currently have 6GB of RAM (My...
Hardware & Devices
MP3tag to spreadsheet - select fields
Hi there I'm fairly new to all this "Digital Music" stuff so excuse if this seems a trivial problem for a lot of users. I've ripped my CD's and now I'm trying to create some sort of decent library system. I'm using mp3tag v245a and it shows me the data I want to export to EXCEL (as a CSV...
Music, Pictures & Video
MP4 Album Art
I am trying to set up a movie collection. I use DVDfab to rip my DVDs to the hard drive. Handbreak to encode the movies into MP4 format using the xbox360 profile. Mp3tag to add movie covers (Album art). The album art shows up fine in WMP and even the folders, but will not show up in...
Media Center


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App