Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: When I try to play videos in WMP I get Error code: 0x8876086A?

24 Mar 2012   #1
bal1985

Windows 7 x64
 
 
When I try to play videos in WMP I get Error code: 0x8876086A?

I don't know what the issue is but hopefully one of you can help me solve this, hopefully it's something simple? I record a lot of video of my son using my camera on my phone and also on my camera using it's recording feature. Every time I try to play the videos in Windows Media Player Classic I get the error message below. It happens on pretty much all of them, everyone I tried so far at least. It comes up several times, I have to keep hitting the ENTER button then it finally goes away. Sometimes the video will play after that sometimes it wont. If I try to play them in Windows Media Player, nothing happens, I can hear sound but the picture is frozen? These videos have worked before so I'm guessing it's a codec that I have maybe installed over time, I'm not too good with computers so I might have installed something one too many times. I have both K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v8.6.0 Mega and 64-bit codec packages installed, I just left the settings as is when installing.

Quote:

CreateDevice failed
Error code: 0x8876086A
DX9AllocatorPresenter failed

D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE



Hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this as these videos are extremely important. Thanks for your time and help, greatly appreciated!

EDIT: When I try playing these videos in VLC Media Player I get this error below. I hear sound but just see a black screen?




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Mar 2012   #2
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Try this.

To Fix (0x8876086a) error you need to complete the 3 steps below:

Step 1:

Download the (0x8876086a) Fix Patch


Step 2:


Click on the “Scan Now” link


Step 3:


Then click ‘Repair‘. The Repair has finished.


Here is a link to a different 0x8876086a recovery utility you can try in case the preceeding option doesn’t work anymore.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #3
wanchoo

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

What is the extension for the Videos? If it is mkv and the file is more that 4 gigabytes then the videos shall fail to play in almost all media players.

Otherwise, the best media player to play videos and DVDs is The KMPlayer. It is free and the current version 3.1.0 can be downloaded from Download KMPlayer. Please try out if you like.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Mar 2012   #4
bal1985

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wanchoo View Post
What is the extension for the Videos? If it is mkv and the file is more that 4 gigabytes then the videos shall fail to play in almost all media players.

Otherwise, the best media player to play videos and DVDs is The KMPlayer. It is free and the current version 3.1.0 can be downloaded from Download KMPlayer. Please try out if you like.
90% of them are mp4 format, filmed from my phone and also my camera. Not one of them is more than 100mb, a couple are 500mb and maybe or two around the 1gb my mark. A lot of them are 30mb. I removed all codecs and still nothing works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #5
bal1985

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by quickdraw2011 View Post
Did you check Device Manager for problems?
Could you explain what I need to do and how to it please? I'm completely a beginner with all of this. Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #6
quickdraw2011

windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bal1985 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by quickdraw2011 View Post
Did you check Device Manager for problems?
Could you explain what I need to do and how to it please? I'm completely a beginner with all of this. Thank you.
Take a look at my first post. I updated it. Try that fix first.

Other possible solutions:

Device Manager looks for driver issues. Always good to take a look in there when something is not working.

Device Manager - Finding Unknown Devices

Try a system restore. Try to remember when the first time this issue started. Then restore to before that time.

If System Restore fails.

Try SFC Scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Try Repair Install.

Repair Install

What is the brand and model of your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2012   #7
wanchoo

Windows 7 Pro with SP1 32bit
 
 

Was the KMPlayer also unable to play these videos? If so then it is most surprising. The next thing that you can try is to convert one of the smaller mp4 to avi and find out if the converted format plays properly. You can download a good free converter from Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter - Download.com.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bal1985 View Post
90% of them are mp4 format, filmed from my phone and also my camera. Not one of them is more than 100mb, a couple are 500mb and maybe or two around the 1gb my mark. A lot of them are 30mb. I removed all codecs and still nothing works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2012   #8
Karinya1

xp pro 32bit
 
 
Error Code 0x8876086A

Hi, I don't know if this will help but I was getting the same thing when opening any video file format.
I am using XP and also use Media Player Classic. Each time I opened a video file it would come up with the same error code and D3DERR not available. The files would still play after clicking on the message which usually appeared twice. But I found that rather tedious.
I tried loading the latest version of MPC but continued to get the same message.
I ended up going into the device manager in control panel and checked the list. It showed that there was a problem with the graphics driver so I went to the card manufacturer's site, downloaded the driver, re-installed it and "hey presto" no more issues.

Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Mar 2012   #9
mezhone

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Build 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Karinya1 View Post
Hi, I don't know if this will help but I was getting the same thing when opening any video file format.
I am using XP and also use Media Player Classic. Each time I opened a video file it would come up with the same error code and D3DERR not available. The files would still play after clicking on the message which usually appeared twice. But I found that rather tedious.
I tried loading the latest version of MPC but continued to get the same message.
I ended up going into the device manager in control panel and checked the list. It showed that there was a problem with the graphics driver so I went to the card manufacturer's site, downloaded the driver, re-installed it and "hey presto" no more issues.

Good luck

This worked for me aswell, i installed the latest driver from AMD (12.2/3) yesterday, and today MPC-HC didn't work with this exact error.

Did a driver rollback and every thing works better than expected.

So atleast for now the latest Driver from AMD doesn't work correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 When I try to play videos in WMP I get Error code: 0x8876086A?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD when I usally play a game error code 0x25
hey fellers, got a refurbished pc then couple months I started getting blue screens. the lastest blue screen error i got was today and it was 0x25. if I don't get a blue screen I get 5 short beep code errors and my power color turns red. I did hp support, but then went to some fake website. can...
BSOD Help and Support
Videos will not play
Many of the videos posted by friends on Facebook will not play in IE11 running on W7 fresh install. It also happens, though somewhat less in Firefox. When the page opens all I get is the text and a photo. Right clicking on the photo gives a message to the effect of "Permalink to photo". It's...
Browsers & Mail
Laptop lag when I play videos , use office ,play games
Hello I have laptop HP PROBOOK 4530S since 2011 and worked very well but in november 2013 my laptop start lagging , in the first the lag is limited on videos , but after I suffer the lag in games ( also old games ) , microsoft office , when I use the browsers etc.. , there is my specifications ...
Music, Pictures & Video
BSOD when watching flash videos (error code changes?)
Hello all, I've joined here today in hopes that I could get some help :D For the past few months whenever I use youtube or another site that plays videos with flash I will sometimes get a BSOD, it seems that the error code will change everytime. Usually when the BSOD appears it doesn't even make...
BSOD Help and Support
Cant play videos in HD
Cant get any Full HD video to play in HD with my LG 3D HDTV FULL HD tested this with a bunch of video players and videos i get the same low res but when i play a full HD video on youtube it really plays in HD ? Cant find anything on google about this
Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App