Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need to convert wma to mp3 file


01 Sep 2012   #11

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Mew View Post

I have actually decided to scrap these 3 wma files, converting them is more of a hassle than I had expected. I originally downloaded them off the internet several years ago, so I really have no idea of their origin. I really appreciate your help though, it is nice to meet ya!
I'd still keep that Freemake Video Converter around. It's probably the most commonly recommended video conversion application on this forum, and also can convert audio to mp3 to boot.

Yeah, I'd probably ditch those particular WMAs if possible and just get fresh copies without DRM.

I regret to inform you that I'm old enough to remember "You Belong To Me" and "Make Love To Me". Not to mention "Shrimp Boats".


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Sep 2012   #12

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2012   #13

win7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Curious Mew,
why all the hassel, (if you place value on your time) you've already spent substantial dollars just posting and trying suggestions---
did you know that you can download Beyond the Sea in mp3 format for 99 cents from Amazon
Amazon.com: beyond the sea bobby darin: MP3 Downloads


Attached Thumbnails
Need to convert wma to mp3 file-capture.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Sep 2012   #14

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tman69 View Post
Curious Mew,
why all the hassel, (if you place value on your time) you've already spent substantial dollars just posting and trying suggestions---
did you know that you can download Beyond the Sea in mp3 format for 99 cents from Amazon
Amazon.com: beyond the sea bobby darin: MP3 Downloads
Uh.....he's not looking for Beyond The Sea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2012   #15

win7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

ignatzatsonic

uhh--my point is--why hassle with all the conversion time/effort when nearly ANY song in the world can be had for 99 cents in mp3 format
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Sep 2012   #16

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 SP1, Home Premium, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tman69 View Post
why hassle with all the conversion time/effort
Why?

I guess you would have to ask the OP?

He says he likes old music. There are many thousands of old songs that have never been re-issued and certainly aren't for sale online.

But I don't know what he has.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #17

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

If this hasn't been suggested yet I highly suggest Audacity. It can convert nearly any format to nearly any format. It is free and if you are wanting to tag the mp3s afterwards (Add album art and song titles etc) then use mp3tag as it is also free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #18

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tman69 View Post
ignatzatsonic

uhh--my point is--why hassle with all the conversion time/effort when nearly ANY song in the world can be had for 99 cents in mp3 format
Uhh, if he already has the file in one format, why should he pay to download it in another format even if it is only 99 cents.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #19

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

I'd still keep that Freemake Video Converter around. It's probably the most commonly recommended video conversion application on this forum, and also can convert audio to mp3 to boot.

I regret to inform you that I'm old enough to remember "You Belong To Me" and "Make Love To Me". Not to mention "Shrimp Boats".
About Freemake, I tried it and it seemed to convert just fine, but when I played the tracks I heard nothing. The file protection must have been at work during the conversion. I will still keep Freemake around, cuz it may just come in handy someday.

Lol.. that sounds like remorse? Nooooo.. it can't be!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tman69 View Post
ignatzatsonic

uhh--my point is--why hassle with all the conversion time/effort when nearly ANY song in the world can be had for 99 cents in mp3 format
You make a good point, except the files I am trying to convert were downloaded from a huge Linkin Park torrent, so I have no idea what the uploader did to the 3 particular wma files in question:
1) Given Up.wma
2) No More Sorrow.wma
3) What I've Done.wma

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tman69 View Post
why hassle with all the conversion time/effort
Why?

I guess you would have to ask the OP?

He says he likes old music. There are many thousands of old songs that have never been re-issued and certainly aren't for sale online.

But I don't know what he has.
I love old music.. but the files in question are actually modern, Linkin Park modern

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seeami View Post
If this hasn't been suggested yet I highly suggest Audacity. It can convert nearly any format to nearly any format. It is free and if you are wanting to tag the mp3s afterwards (Add album art and song titles etc) then use mp3tag as it is also free
I already tried Audacity before I posted this thread, but it couldn't open the file due to "patent restrictions". That was when I tried Fre:ac Audio Converter (another freeware program), and it failed too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need to convert wma to mp3 file




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Need to convert wma to mp3 file
Thread Forum
Solved How to convert a windows WIM file to a ISO file General Discussion
Solved file convert .ts to another Music, Pictures & Video
Convert csv to xls with batch file General Discussion
Convert a document file to mp4 General Discussion
Solved How to convert a bat file General Discussion
How convert exe to zip file? Software
convert nearly any file to pdf :D Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33