|18 Dec 2012||#1|
| || |
Help! I don't know which I want for Christmas... =P
My parents have a budget of $150 for the 1 big present we get, but that could go higher if a whole other cheaper present is sacrificed. I don't know whether I want an iTouch, unactivated smartphone, small tablet, or wifi ereader.
1) I have 28GB music currently.
2) I want mobile internet via wifi.
- Since I learned that the iTouch doesn't accept Micro SD cards, that seems to put the 64GB version way out of budget. (I'd be squished in 30GB.)
- I'm happy with my non-smartphone as my phone, and can't afford the $30/month data plan a smartphone would require. (We have Verizon.) I've read that an unactivated smartphone would still be perfect for music, apps, wifi, and expandable via Micro SD.
- If investing in a small tablet, I'm interested in a Win8 one. However, anything I've seen looked too expensive.
- I've always been attracted to the "easier on the eyes" ereader screens. Not many of my textbooks are digital, but it would be nice for the ones that are. So long as it can also hold my music & get me online, seems like a viable option.
I'm not deterred by depending on wifi for a few reasons: I live in Philly, where unsecured or businesses hosting wifi hot spots are abundant. I have Comcast and my parents have Optimum, so I have access to both companies' wifi where they offer it, such as at train stops/stations in between "home" and "home".
I suppose my last pet peeve is asking too much of the industry nowadays, but I would love to find a device that works with my fingernails! Perhaps at least is compatible with a stylus?
So what works for you? Ideas/thoughts/suggestions? Any insight is appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.