- This first started occurring on Monday the 24th, I played a youtube video on Firefox and the video lagged with a black screen on the first 1-2 seconds of the video. At around 3 seconds, everything stopped. My cursor, the video, the whole laptop etc. The time was no longer moving on the video and my system time wasn't changing either so I concluded that my laptop was frozen. I waited it out and there was nothing I could do but hold down the power button in an attempt to try and turn it off.
- At this point I'm still able to watch youtube videos on chrome perfectly, however... Playing a video file from my Hard drive produces the same problem. I've tried playing files from both WMP and VLC player, and the same thing happened both times.
What I've tried:
- Uninstalled and then re-installed my display driver
- I tried a system restore yesterday and got a BSOD before my laptop even got to shut down
- I did a successful system restore to the 22nd via safe mode
- Searched the web for solutions but couldn't find anything
What I'm considering:
-Reinstalling windows (I'm in the middle of doing uni work atm so I'm trying to avoid this)
-Buying a new laptop (When I get the money)
May be useful:
-I was getting quite a few "Low RAM" messages from the system on the day that it first occurred, before it first occurred. Haven't seen anymore of them, however.
-Playing 3GP and MP3 files on WMP is fine
I really appreciate any help and if there's anything missing from my post, please let me know and I'll try and get back as soon as I can.