|23 Oct 2009||#1|
| || |
WMP12 Questions / Annoyances....any fix?
I Purchased Windows 7 yesterday and the only real annoying thing is wmp12, I used wmp11 on vista to play my music and music videos but I have a few issues/questions regarding 12.
1. When playing a video from in wmp12 it now opens or 'changes' into a single video player type interface, whereas on vista the video just play within the wmp11 gui which meant you could view or access other areas of the player whilst watching the video.
2. When you right click 'show list' whilst watching a video it only displays the current video you are playing unless you create a playlist, whereas in Vista when you played a video the list would display ALL videos which meant you could scroll through or click 'next' on the play bar which would cycle through the list either at random or in order.
3. The video player size doesnít seem to save, when playing a video I resized it to a size which I was happy with then I exited and re-opened wmp and it reverted to a near maximized view, I either want it to start completely maximized or in a size I specify.
4. In wmp11 you could manually add files to your library and some files in wmp12 donít seem to add, I added my collection of music videos (which includes some .mkv files) and everything but the .mkv files imported (which is fine because wmp12 doesnít support .mkv) so I installed the k-lite codec pack which I used without issue on wmp11, on wmp11 it added the mkv files to the 'other media' section of the player, I waited 5 mins to see if the media player would add the .mkv files anywhere in my library (because I can't manually tell it to do it) and it didn't find them, I don't know if I should have deleted my library and let it 're-find' them or not.
If anybody can tell me if there are workarounds for the above or if I'm missing something or if I simply need to put up with it.
|My System Specs|
|23 Oct 2009||#2|
| || |
1. open the player using the shortcut on the taskbar. At the top of the player window, rightclick a blank area of the player below the titlebar, and select 'show menu bar'.
2. I don't know of a reversion for this behavior.
3. After performing option 1, use the 'View' menu, and at the bottom of the list is 'Video Size'. From within that menu, remove the default check next to, 'Fit Player to video'
4. Remove the archaic codecpack and install Shark007.net - Windows 7 Codecs. Once installed go to the Help TAB of the Settings Application and choose to associate filetypes to WMP. Not only will this add new filetypes to the WMP library properly but will also enable use of the rightclick context menu and offer the feature of adding an MKV for example, to the WMP Playlist.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: WMP12 Questions / Annoyances....any fix?|
|IE 9 Annoyances||Browsers & Mail|
|WMP12 Two questions||Music, Pictures & Video|
|little annoyances.. any help?||Installation & Setup|
|Two annoyances||General Discussion|
|couple of questions about WMP12||Media Center|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.