Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows Media Player doesnt play original DVDs.


19 Dec 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Windows Media Player doesnt play original DVDs.

Hi guys,

Ive found many threads about this problem but I couldnt solve it yet.

My original DVD's dont play. With some dvds Windows Media Player plays only that FBI warning and it stops. Others dvds it shows the "error C00D11B1" message.

It's a new built, Im using a LG GH24NSB0 BL dvd driver. Also Ive tried with an Asus external usb dvd driver but the same problem happens.

Thank you.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2013   #2

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Hi saresu, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this.

1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Go to Tools->Options->DVD->Advanced tab.
3. In the codecs section, scroll down to the codec of the video you are trying to play (e.g. .wpl) and see if it says "disabled" next to it in the "decoder" column.
4. If it does, select a decoder for the codec.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Hi saresu, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this.

1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Go to Tools->Options->DVD->Advanced tab.
3. In the codecs section, scroll down to the codec of the video you are trying to play (e.g. .wpl) and see if it says "disabled" next to it in the "decoder" column.
4. If it does, select a decoder for the codec.
Hi archer,

Sorry for late reply,

At DVD tab the Advanced button isn't "clickable".

What should I do?

Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Dec 2013   #4

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

This is something that can be fixed. But, that need to make changes in registry. If you are comfortable with that we can proceed. Else, I will suggest you to use VLC media player and check if you are able to run DVDs in that or not.

P.S. Are you logging in with admin account? If yes, Open media player as an admin and then try the steps mentioned above.

If you are not the admin. Login with admin account or make another account with admin rights and follow the steps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
This is something that can be fixed. But, that need to make changes in registry. If you are comfortable with that we can proceed. Else, I will suggest you to use VLC media player and check if you are able to run DVDs in that or not.

P.S. Are you logging in with admin account? If yes, Open media player as an admin and then try the steps mentioned above.

If you are not the admin. Login with admin account or make another account with admin rights and follow the steps.
I logged with admin account and the Advanced button is still grey.

Ive downloaded VCL player and play with admin rights and it couldn't play. It showed this message:

Playback failure:
DVDRead could not open the disc "D:".
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///D:/'. Check the log for details.


So It seems I dont have choice so I can go on with the registry procedure.

What should I do?

Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Dec 2013   #6

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Are you trying to play Blu Rays on VLC? Please post the log
What version of VLC are you using? Follow this link to get the latest version and the directories to run Bluray on VLC.

VLC Blu-Ray
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2014   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Are you trying to play Blu Rays on VLC? Please post the log
What version of VLC are you using? Follow this link to get the latest version and the directories to run Bluray on VLC.

VLC Blu-Ray
Hi, archer
Im very sorry for my late response...

No Blue rays so far. Only Dvds.

The version is 2.1.2 Rincewind.

But I cant find the log file... How can I find it? Ive been searching on forums but couldnt make it yet.

Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2014   #8

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Hi

Try this link.

you can get Power DVD to play the DVDs. It is the best for DVDs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2014   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Hi

Try this link.

you can get Power DVD to play the DVDs. It is the best for DVDs.

Power DVD worked!

Thank you very much for ur help.

Peace.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jan 2014   #10

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

That's a relief.

Glad the issue is resolved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Media Player doesnt play original DVDs.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Media Player doesnt play original DVDs.
Thread Forum
Windows 7 system lets DVD player read & play DVDs but not CD's Performance & Maintenance
VLC Media Player Won't Play Certain DVDs Properly! Software
Solved Windows Media Player will not play any DVDs for me. Help? Installation & Setup
Windows Media Player does not play DVDs when my Soundcard is connected Music, Pictures & Video
Media Player won't play DVDs Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33